Auditing a Specific Activity or Area of an Organization

N

nadrojh

Hey everyone,

Just been asked by the boss to create a form for auditing only single components of the organisation (eg. audit of how factory hand performs a product decant), however i do not know where to start? I have created a full internal audit form and procedure, as well as a NC and corrective/preventive action form already, and feel that it could be quite similar to these.

Just wondering if anyone has any advice or templates that i could use!

Any help would be much appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:

somashekar

Leader
Admin
Hey everyone,

Just been asked by the boss to create a form for auditing only single components of the organisation (eg. audit of how factory hand performs a product decant), however i do not know where to start? I have created a full internal audit form and procedure, as well as a NC and corrective/preventive action form already, and feel that it could be quite similar to these.

You create a form covering the questions about the 5W+1H for the PDCA of the specific activity or area.
Your boss will feel really happy about you.

somashekar

Leader
Admin
im sorry what? what are 5W + 1h and PDCA?
5W+1H >>> What .. Where .. When .. Why .. Who .. How
PDCA >>> Plan .. Do .. Check .. Act

What
What, specifically,...?
What next?
What else?

Where
Where else?
Where are you?
Where, exactly...?

When
When, exactly, will you...?
When will it start/end?
When will I know?

Why
Why does that happen?
Why not?
(just keep asking 'why?' to find root cause - often around 5 times)

How
How many?
How much?
How does it work?

Who
Who will do this?
Who else will do this?
Who pays?
Who benefits?

Helmut Jilling

Auditor / Consultant
Hey everyone,

The audits should be scheduled to the processes in your QMS. If you audit a specific area, that area would be part of a process, or called a sub-process. For exampple, you can audit a whole manufacturing process, or audit just the machining sub-process. At some point, the whole process needs to be audited as well.

N

nadrojh

hey helmut, ive completed the form now and yes that is what i have gone for, allowing to audit either an individual SOP (e.g. decanting into a drum), a string of related SOPs (decanting, packaging and arranging pallets) or an entire department. If auditing a combination of procedures a planner will be filled out detailing what has been done and all individual forms attached.

the process works as a root cause analysis, asking;

Has an adequate description of the task been given to employees? (eg. does it exist, are steps missing or are unneccesary steps involved)
Does the worker demonstrate a complete understanding of the task?
Are obstacles present when completing the task that effect the outcome?
Do measured results show the process can be completed correctly and consistantly? (eg. is the task actual possible, or should more actions be taken to assist employees in completing the task correctly).

The difference though from a standard "NC and root cause analysis" process is that this process may be completed as desired, not just as a follow up to finding a NC

Is this what you were suggesting?

Helmut Jilling

Auditor / Consultant
hey helmut, ive completed the form now and yes that is what i have gone for, allowing to audit either an individual SOP (e.g. decanting into a drum), a string of related SOPs (decanting, packaging and arranging pallets) or an entire department. If auditing a combination of procedures a planner will be filled out detailing what has been done and all individual forms attached.

the process works as a root cause analysis, asking;

Has an adequate description of the task been given to employees? (eg. does it exist, are steps missing or are unneccesary steps involved)
Does the worker demonstrate a complete understanding of the task?
Are obstacles present when completing the task that effect the outcome?
Do measured results show the process can be completed correctly and consistantly? (eg. is the task actual possible, or should more actions be taken to assist employees in completing the task correctly).

The difference though from a standard "NC and root cause analysis" process is that this process may be completed as desired, not just as a follow up to finding a NC

Is this what you were suggesting?

What you said has some good points, but there is an important difference between that and what I said. I discussed it from auditing processes and subprocesses. You are discussing auditing SOP's. An important difference.

Top Bottom