Boss wants customer delivery signature specimen form

S

SheiLaJP

Good day,

My boss wants me to create a customer delivery signature specimen form. She gave me an example. But my problem is, i don't initially get the purpose of having this customer delivery signature specimen. Another thing, she has issues of having customers who has bad record in the company before. Now, she wants to ensure that everything will be controlled. What can opinion can I give to her?. Is this specified in the ISO 9001:2008 requirement?

somashekar

Leader
Admin
Re: Boss wants requirements from customer before making transactions

Is not the proof of delivery (POD) from your carrier agency sufficient for this .....
The POD captures the name of person along with signature, date, time of delivery.
ISO just tells you to meet the customer requirements.

S

SheiLaJP

Hi Somashekar,

According to my boss, the reason for having this customer delivery signature specimen is to identify on who are the authorized signatories whenever our customer deliver product to us or we deliver our product to them.

somashekar

Leader
Admin

What I feel is that even the security or the front office reception could the persons who take delivery on behalf of the company. The delivery sometimes happens in late hours and if you have person guarding the premises round the clock, that person can be authorized.
I feel it is more the mechanism of delivery information and proper identification that is lacking rather than the authorized person thing.
One (You) needs to sit with your boss, and threadbare discuss the challenge situation, and then arrive at a systemic solution.

P

PaulJSmith

Is this via a third party delivery service, or your own in-house deliveries?

It sounds like there is a mutual distrust between you and your customer. You might benefit from finding out why that is, and what you can do to correct that first.

S

SheiLaJP

Hi guys,

I have attached the sample form for the customer delivery signature specimen.

Attachments

• Boss wants customer delivery signature specimen form
    img036.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 1,101
S

SheiLaJP

@ PaulJSmith

Delivery via third party. This is because our boss tried to follow-up pending collectibles from customer. During follow-up, the customer insist that we didn't made transactions with them. So my boss decided if we can have this customer delivery signature specimen form, we will be able to trace those people who are authorized signatories of that will reflect in their delivery receipts.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I'm confused because every delivery, third party included (e.g.: FedEx), should have some type of proof of delivery record. I can not imagine using any delivery service that does not have some type of acceptance of receipt as proof of delivery.

S

SheiLaJP

Hi Marc,

The reason for having signatories is whenever we receive delivery receipt from the customer we would be able to identify that the persons listed in the signatories are the persons that we'll be seeing in the delivery receipt.

Top Bottom