Broken Links and Site Domain Name

E

eee

site address

What is about today's Cove address:"www.qs9000.com". I think it is not hm.... modern ( having in mind a death of QS9000 certification).
IMHO and my apologizes

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
See The Cove Name Change from Cayman to Elsmar

I really haven't used qs9000.com in a couple of years. It's pretty much been 16949.com - but Elsmar.com is now registered. Just getting the ISP problems solved - hopefully in the coming week. Since it's already 3 weeks + since I started this change, I'm not going to commit to times.

However - there are quite a few links out there that still reference qs9000.com so I keep that domain pointed at my major server. There's no e-mail service to qs9000.com any more and in about a year all e-mail service to 16949.com will be terminated. Elsmar.com is supposed to be propagating right now, but it isn't resolving for me yet where I am.

If you're going to qs9000.com it's because the link you use or your browser 'favorites' entry is an old one.

Marc

Leader
Please use the 'Report This Post' Link to Report Broken Links

As a reminder, Elsmar.com is the main address to the site.

The links from 16949.com and the oldest - QS9000.com - are now just pointers to the site entry page.

You MUST use Elsmar.com in links and such. This will eliminate cross-domain cookie problems.

There are a lot of old threads in the forums so I can't go through every one to check links. PLEASE use the Report This Post link when ever you find a post in a thread which has a link to 16949.com or qs9000.com. A Moderator or I will edit the post to correct the link.

Thanks! :thedeal:

A

Atul Khandekar

Marc said:
There are a lot of old threads in the forums so I can't go through every one to check links. PLEASE use the Report This Post link when ever you find a post in a thread which has a link to 16949.com or qs9000.com. A Moderator or I will edit the post to correct the link.
I usually do it when I find one that's pointing to old domain.

Marc

Leader
I appreciate it, Atul. Admins and supermoderators, as well as forum moderators in their forums, can edit posts.

Everyone else can use the Report This Post link so one of us can do the change.

Marc

Leader
I'm bumping this hoping anyone who finds a broken link (internal OR external) will use the Report This Post link.

The link has changed to look like this (for now - I may make it a text link soon):

report.gif

It's in the upper right corner of every post (unless it's YOUR post - you CANNOT report your own post...).

I just spent close to 6 hours going through old threads correcting links to qs9000.com and 16949.com. Not a complaint - this is an effect of adding domain names in the past - but I do hope you'll Report any post with a dead link. Even if it's to another site.

I am trying to significantly clean up the forums to eliminate dead links. Remember, many threads were started back as far as 1998 well before Elsmar.com. In the very near future I will be dumping qs9000.com and 16949.com completely. I have already taken both out so that any links to them will lead to the site home page.

I appreciate any and all help in finding dead and incorrect links.

TIA :bigwave:

Marc

Leader
As an FYI, the Amazon folks provide a 'Broken Links' assessment through Alexa. One report a day for up to 50 broken links. There are still a lot of posts in the forums with links to 16949.com and some to qs9000.com still in threads. I've corrected over 150 links in the last 3 days and will be continuing this effort as long as necessary to ensure links in posts in threads are to Elsmar.com. But again, I ask your help. If you find a broken link, internal or external, please let me know by Reporting the Post so that I can fix it.

TIA!

Top Bottom