Bulk Material Supplier Control Plans

D

dawnmc35

I am reviewing and trying to approve PPAP for a bulk material supplier. The control plan submitted is poor at best. I need to assist the supplier with bringing the control plan to an acceptable level, but my experience is only with assembly-type control plans. Does anyone have a generic example of a control plan for bulk material, adhesive-type would even be better.

J

JaxQC

I?m picturing 2 types of bulk mfgs.
1) one batch is humongous and you get 5000 gallons at once, say a beer vat.
2) other is a constant blend and gives 50 gallons/minute but you get 5000 gallon when complete, chunky peanut butter.

In the first you?d be looking a verification checks from different levels within the mixing chamber (stratifying) and making sure it meets the final quality checks (alcohol content) while the 2nd is periodic measuring to insure consistency over the run (same amount of chunks through the run).

Both would be dependent of ingredient amounts added and when (time) throughout the process.

With that being said it wouldn?t be any different concept than a assembly process C-Plan. What items are important (defined on spec or print) and how are they verifying end results rather than just verifying additives and guessing the end result is fine? Some made up items for adhesive might be viscosity (flows in applicator machine), adhesion strength (psi, sticks well), removability (amount of sticky residue left upon removal), free liquid content (drying time but related to viscosity).

Hope this helps.

Top Bottom