Business Operations Manual & Quality Management system

L

lungi23

My company wants a Business operations manual. How does the quality managment system fit into it. There is QMS in place at the moment.
Thanks

L

lungi23

My question was more in relation to a business operations manual template. Can you have a BOM and also a QMS or can you have QMS incoorporated into the BOM?

harry

Trusted Information Resource
My question was more in relation to a business operations manual template. Can you have a BOM and also a QMS or can you have QMS incoorporated into the BOM?

It is loosely used to describe integrated systems such as those discussed in this thread: Right title for IMS - Integrated Management Systems or System. In other words, QMS integrated/incorporated into the way your business operates.

Technically, there are much to argue but what can you get out of it by doing so? After all, it is just a description.

Randy

Super Moderator
My company wants a Business operations manual. How does the quality managment system fit into it. There is QMS in place at the moment.

That's simple....use an ISO standard, in this case ISO 9000:2005

3.2.3 quality management system
management system (3.2.2) to direct and control an organization (3.3.1) with regard to quality (3.1.1)

3.2.2 management system
system (3.2.1) to establish policy and objectives and to achieve those objectives

NOTE A management system of an organization (3.3.1) can include different management systems, such as a quality management system (3.2.3), a financial management system or an environmental management system.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Thanks

Randy describes an orthodox and sensible approach, but without knowing what's expected by your managers it's hard to give any advice. You need to sit down with the people who want the manual and find out exactly what they expect, and what they expect it will accomplish.

Top Bottom