Can anybody help me with Management Review scenario please?

M

michaeld79

Hello there

My apologies if this is not posted in the right place. This is my first post on here, so please accept my apologies if in correct.

I am struggling with a mock exam question that I just cannot get my head around and wondered if anybody may be able to help?

The question is based around management review, and states that the company found it hard to get everybody in the same place at the same time for their management review meetings, so they now have a two tiered meeting, where management reps and departmental reps, have the meeting, then make a summary sheet that gets passed on to top management for review then finally the managing director for final sign off.

I would say that this is not a non-conformity, however does need investigating further, the trouble is, I am not sure what to investigate?

Any help at all would be much appreciated

Thank you in advance for any help

Michael

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jason PCSwitches

Re: Cany anybody help me with Management review scenario please?

The standard doesn't say that everyone has to be in the same room at the same time. It requires a review of the QMS at planned intervals by top management. As long as the target points specified are included this can be accomplished however best fits the organization.

On that note I would say no NC. The other end would be assessing the effectiveness of the review process itself. That could be a whole other story; which is where you should start your investigation.

M

michaeld79

Jason Thanks.

I agree that its not a NC.
However by the nature of the exam question, it must therefore need investigating.
I would look at how they are communicating their outcomes, but other than that im struggling with what else to investigate?

M

michaeld79

And thank you to whoever took the extra 'Y' from the thread title

Randy

Super Moderator
Yep, not a problem. Over the course of whatever top management determines to be an appropriate time period..week, month, year, or whatever, all that has to happen is that management perform some type of review (analysis, look-see, study, enlightenment, etc) of the required inputs and that they provide the required outputs...The who, where, when, and how is their business and nobody elses....The auditors job is to decide whether or not it (what is planned) is in fact happening, and whether or not it (what is planned) is effective (does it meet planned expectations and requirements)

AndyN

Moved On
Are you taking a course? Is there reference material you can review? Was this covered earlier - a similar situation, perhaps? Can you ask the instructor to clarify?

If you are taking a 'mock' exam, the idea of investigation must have been covered. Did you miss something for some reason? Can you get the instructor to re-capitulate?

We can give you all kinds of answers (bearing in mind, we have a huge variety of possible experiences, competencies etc to influence us). Usually, exams are (supposed to be) an evaluation of what you've learned from the course...

M

michaeld79

Thanks Randy.

So as an Auditor, I would just need to ask for evidence that whatever actions are agreed are being followed up

M

michaeld79

Thanks Andy

I have done an auditing course, however failed the written exam.
The main area I failed on was looking into investigations regarding Management review.

I have course material, however I am just trying to get as much information as possible.

Randy

Super Moderator
Thanks Randy.

So as an Auditor, I would just need to ask for evidence that whatever actions are agreed are being followed up

That's one part of it, yes...That is the reason an input into the (current) review process is "follow-up actions from previous management review"...Not only is it important that top management make decisions, it's just as important that those decisions are actually acted upon and something happens (part of the "improvement" evidence you also need to see as an auditor)

Top Bottom