Change Management - What to look for before implementing a change?

A

Andrews

Change management

Can someone tell me what are the different issues that you look for before implementing a change . For e.g tool design or change in tool layout.Do you just look for the related documents that have to be changed to introduce this change or are there other aspects to it.

If you are using any forms for this activity, kindly share the same.Kindly send it to [email protected]

C

Craig H.

Andrews said:
Can someone tell me what are the different issues that you look for before implementing a change . For e.g tool design or change in tool layout.Do you just look for the related documents that have to be changed to introduce this change or are there other aspects to it.

If you are using any forms for this activity, kindly share the same.Kindly send it to [email protected]

Hi, Andrews:

I'll go ahead and state the obvious - you likely have already thought of training. Even if the change just involves a new, improved tool that is used the same way, the Operator should be assured that the change is legit. Sometimes a quick memo will do, but I like to keep it face-to-face when possible.

Craig

A

Andrews

At present we are using the format enclosed for change management.Please let me know if there are any lapses.

Andy

Attachments

• XYZ CORPN.doc
    60.5 KB · Views: 416

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
I was going to say you need to add verification and validation activities, but they should already be included within the PPAPs which you have listed. Looks good!

R

Randy Stewart

Andrews,
Some of the items we look at (automotive prototype stampings) are:
Where is the change implemented in our operation. Is it to the die, is it in Fab, Laser, etc? Is it costed?
Does it change the flow of product? Is it a secondary operation (flange angle,etc.). Does it change the timing (overall, departmental, operational, etc.)? Does it affect packaging, handling?

We use a form called a WCA (Work Change Authorization) issued by the Program Manager to explain the change, give quantities and delivery information. We may have to change the weld sequence on 3 parts out of 20 to send to New Models and the rest go to the customer warehouse.

Attachments

• WCA M2M MASTER.xls
    30.5 KB · Views: 328

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
Andrews said:
I would appreciate if you could email the form to:
[email protected]

Here's ours. The affected functions are checked so that the person who initiates the notice can distribute copies. As this person delivers the copies, he has that person sign or initial his original as acknowledgement of receipt. The original is filed in the job folder which contains the PO.

Andrews - I sent this to your email address. Let me know if it helps! :)

Attachments

• TCF.03.12.doc
    27 KB · Views: 355
Top Bottom