Check out the latest Social Group! Classic Car Int'l

A

aliasJohnQ

It's called Classic Car Int'l.

Lots of fun remembering your favorite classic car from the 40's thru the 80's.
Remember the gas prices? People went crazy when the prices went up to a dollar! and waited in line to get gas, but only 5 gallons.
Remember your first car?:agree1:

gpainter

Quite Involved in Discussions
Re: Check out the latest social group!

Camaro's were my classic
39.9 was the lowest gas I remember
Baby blue Dodge Cornet 440 was my first car.

A

aliasJohnQ

Re: Check out the latest social group!

Your Dodge 440 was a great car, and yes, I knew Camaro's of the day. My boss had a 71 with 50's all around, and dual glass packs but it only had a 350 with an auto. I drove it one time to pick up a package at the post office, and it was the fastest trip I made ever in a car. I had a 80 firebird, simply because instead of buying a nice 70 or 71, my parents thought I should get a new car so I won't have trouble getting to work and back. I bought it with 8 miles on the new 301. I converted it after having it for two years to a 73 455 with duals. I was very quick then. It had a unique color to it: kinda orange bronze. Factory mags, louvers, and a big whip antenna in the days of the CB, which was hidden out of sight in the glove box. Killer stereo with a large EQ mounted underneath the radio. Cool stuff listening to AC/DC........

gpainter

Quite Involved in Discussions
Oh YEAH, the K 40 whip antenna. Had one myself, it was stolen. The TA, those 455's have a little value. I wanted to get an 80 TA, but never did. Pop the T-roof and crank it!!!!! Hot cars and fast women or is it hot women and fast cars or both?

A

aliasJohnQ

My friend had a 79 T/A that was black. It was nice, but he had to wash it almost every day...not much fun! It was quick, compared to the 80 versions, which weren't that fast at all. Those T-roof leaking problems...wow! They leaked all the time! but they were still nice cars that we grew up with...

Top Bottom