Commission proposal being drawn up for postponement for date of application of MDR (2017/745)

twanmul

Involved In Discussions
Being drawn up as per this Video Link to delay the Medical Device Regulation deadline by 1 year (he says delay of entry into force, though I think he means date of application) to enable the industry to prioritise activities related to and that have occurred as a result of the coronavirus.

dgrainger

Trusted Information Resource
Don't forget that "The proposal would need the full support of the European Parliament and the Council through an accelerated co-decision procedure."

twanmul

Involved In Discussions
Don't forget that "The proposal would need the full support of the European Parliament and the Council through an accelerated co-decision procedure."
Good point, though I figured this is essentially just a rubber stamping process especially given the circumstances.

atitheya

Quite Involved in Discussions
Does this also mean that organization/s can still apply for MDD?

Just talking of possibilities.

twanmul

Involved In Discussions
Does this also mean that organization/s can still apply for MDD?

Just talking of possibilities.

I have had communication from my NB saying that they have re-opened for submissions under the MDD as a result of this. It may be worth speaking to your NB (might be harder if they are designated under the MDR) if this is something that is of use to you.

Top Bottom