Computerised (Electronic) Document Control Insights

M

mooi mooi

Hi,
Wonder if anyone out there provide some inputs or insights on this subject.
Basically we are a small company comprising of about 10 headcount; the RnD and Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing and Materials. We outsource mass pro to outside subcontractors who has a minimum of ISO 9001 or TS.
I am wanting to put up a Doc Control system here. Basically all the documents right now are server network and each individal dept head has access to his created documents or procedures, while others can just view it as a ROD (Read only Document). Lets say there are 10 control documents that i have identifed as critical , how do i control it as the individual dept heads can alter their procedures and nothing can be done about that.
The company that i worked before had all manual control of documents so its easy to control the "control documents" and all that.
But in this case, how do i go convincing them that this is not the best method to control "control" documents, since every dept head has access to make changes on teh oringinal documents.
Any advise welcomed.!
Thanks
Mooi Mooi

Mikishots

Trusted Information Resource
Hi,
Wonder if anyone out there provide some inputs or insights on this subject.
Basically we are a small company comprising of about 10 headcount; the RnD and Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing and Materials. We outsource mass pro to outside subcontractors who has a minimum of ISO 9001 or TS.
I am wanting to put up a Doc Control system here. Basically all the documents right now are server network and each individal dept head has access to his created documents or procedures, while others can just view it as a ROD (Read only Document). Lets say there are 10 control documents that i have identifed as critical , how do i control it as the individual dept heads can alter their procedures and nothing can be done about that.
The company that i worked before had all manual control of documents so its easy to control the "control documents" and all that.
But in this case, how do i go convincing them that this is not the best method to control "control" documents, since every dept head has access to make changes on teh oringinal documents.
Any advise welcomed.!
Thanks
Mooi Mooi

So, when your managers have their fingers in the original documents, do they bother to record what changes were made or use any kind of a revision scheme? If not, there is no control, irrespective of any scheme you want to put into place.

Top Bottom