Configuration Management Audit

Q

qarep

Hi, In our configuration management procedure,we have stated configuration management audit shall be conducted every six months.I couldnt find anywhere here.Can anyone share configuration audit forms which can be used for this...Thanks in advance

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
I've been dealing with Configuration Management (CM) in one form or another for nearly 40 years and I haven't seen such an audit form yet. It would be interesting to see such a single organized way of auditing the CM process in a way to cover the various situations covered in different industries and organizations (which I found to be pretty complex in a manufacturing operation and pretty simple and straightforward in a design operation.)

I've written about CM on a number of occasions here in the Cove and elsewhere. It's one of my stock presentations and a primary factor to deal with in most consulting assignments. Often the scope of CM covers the entire gamut of an operation from purchasing raw materials and process equipment to shipping finished product out the door and often includes dealing with field installers, customers, and incoming inspections at customers. Auditing such a process can be as wide in scope.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Hi, In our configuration management procedure,we have stated configuration management audit shall be conducted every six months.I couldnt find anywhere here.Can anyone share configuration audit forms which can be used for this...Thanks in advance
Just do a Process Audit on your Configuration Management procedure.

Here is an example, however (see attachment), of what you asked for. There are more (I used DuckDuckGo to look) around the internet. Most, however, are for software configuration management.

Attachments

• Configuration Management Plan Example.pdf
    45.6 KB · Views: 631

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
The idea of making and tracking revisions is not new, of course, but the Standard ASME Y14.35M 1997 Revision of Engineering Drawings does at least refer to the Associated Documents which "may" have to also be updated each time any document is revised. It may be simpler and less intensive (depending on the complexity of your own organization) in lieu of following the NASA document.

ASME charges $42, but I am aware of some places on the internet where pdf copies may be downloaded for much less.

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
As you know, Jan, we have a policy of NOT steering [directly] to non-official sites for Standards. Hence, I alluded to the fact they exist, but skirted providing links to avoid zealous "editing" by alert moderators. I'm sure search engine mavens who NEED to save a few dollars could find such outlets.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
There are many countries which sell standards relatively cheap these days. Years ago I used to buy a lot of standards from Standards Australia because at the time they were the cheapest.

As to "non-official" sites - That is another issue.

Q

qarep

Thanks Friends..:thanks:

What is important is we do the configuration audit and prepare the configuration audit report to record the audit findings.

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions

Try section 11.3.3 in the Supply Chain Management Handbook (SCMH)

11.3.4 : CM Self Assessment Checklist -October 2010

through OASIS or IAQG website

https://www.sae.org/servlets/regist...sses&OBJECT_TYPE=SCMHGeneral&PAGE=getSCMHBOOK

M

Mike_H

I think I understand (in a manner of speaking) configuration accounting, but just to be sure, can anyone give further examples of putting into practice over and above signing off production travelers or inspection plans, which I have read in previous posts? Or...is it as simple at all that.

Top Bottom