Control of Detail Prints

M

M Caruso

I have reviewed our change control procedures and specification change notice forms. When a change notice is issued by Engineering, the effectivity is specified by work past a specific work area. Because all of our product undergoes the same basic routing when being processed, if a change is significant enough, then all work in progress past a work area is purged and sent to MRB. If it is a materials issue then, the purge begins at kitting. It appears that the more digging I do, the better I feel about what we are doing. Our system does work, and as long as the auditor feels it meets aerospace standards, then all will be OK.
Thank you all for your input.

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
M Caruso said:
I have reviewed our change control procedures and specification change notice forms. When a change notice is issued by Engineering, the effectivity is specified by work past a specific work area. Because all of our product undergoes the same basic routing when being processed, if a change is significant enough, then all work in progress past a work area is purged and sent to MRB. If it is a materials issue then, the purge begins at kitting. It appears that the more digging I do, the better I feel about what we are doing. Our system does work, and as long as the auditor feels it meets aerospace standards, then all will be OK.
Thank you all for your input.
I'm glad to read that.

As I wrote earlier:
Probably one of the best tips I can give you today is to RELAX. Your operation is already effective. It already has controls. Your task is to take a deep breath and really look at exactly what you do so you can document it. Once documented, it can be audited to assure the process is maintained.

Top Bottom