Coupling that is specified to be ANSI B16.11 - Information Needed

P

Phil Fields

Hello,
I have a coupling that is specified to be ANSI B16.11. The issue I am having is oversize (1 1/8 specified, 1 3/16 actual). Does B16.11 specify size and tolerance? The oversize parts are typically Taiwan/Italy marked.

Thanks,
Phil:thanks:

harry

Trusted Information Resource
Re: ANSI B16.11 Information Neded

ASME/ANSI B16.11 - 2001 - Forged Steel Fittings, Socket-Welding and Threaded

This Standard covers ratings, dimensions, tolerances, marking and material requirements for forged fittings, both socket-welding and threaded.

This is given by 'the engineering toolbox'.

P

Phil Fields

Harry,
Thanks for the reply, I had found the same info. I was wondering if the standard gave size and tolerances that I could determine if the parts I have met standard.

Thanks,
Phil

harry

Trusted Information Resource
Harry,
Thanks for the reply, I had found the same info. I was wondering if the standard gave size and tolerances that I could determine if the parts I have met standard.

Thanks,
Phil

Apparently not. I don't have a copy of the standard but from information gathered, it seems only the tolerance of lengths are given. Tolerance in diameter depends on the metal/material it is manufactured from and also on each manufacturers confidence.

If you are interested, have a look at the following link.

P

Phil Fields

Harry,
Thanks for the info, that is about all of the information that I was able to gather also. I will need to work with both design engineering and our supplier to ensure that we design/purchase what we really need.

Phil

Top Bottom