Definition of customer in ITP (Inspection & Test Plan)

andreww

Involved In Discussions
Hi,

I got an ITP to prepare. According to sales order, our customer is ABC. In the ITP customer column, the customer is ABC. Now our customer ABC wanted us to add their customer (end user) DEF in the ITP as well. There will be two customer columns, one for ABC and another one for DEF. But I don't think it will be proper for us to put DEF into ITP as well, isn't it? My reason being is that A) DEF is not our customer according Sales order, it is not in the scope of our ITP; B) We don't know what requirement from DEF is.

So what I propose is to ask ABC to make their own ITP to include DEF (their customer) and us (supplier).

Is my statementabove right? or in our ITP, customer DEF still can be included? Is their any risk to include non-direct customer DEF in ITP?

I believe any control plan should have a scope so does ITP.

Thanks!

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Most of the ITP's I am familiar with have several columns, because the project has several stakeholders. Not only direct customer and end users, but also third party certifiers and, sometimes, regulatory agencies as well.

So, if you try to ignore your customer's customer in the Inspection & Test Plan, you will be fighting a losing battle.

Last edited:

andreww

Involved In Discussions
Most of the ITP's I am familiar with have several columns, because the project has several stakeholders. Not only direct customer and end users, but also third party certifiers and, sometimes, regulatory agencies as well.

So, if you try to ignore your customer's customer in the Inspection & Test Plan, you will be fighting a losing battle.

Thank you Sidney, yes, I agree with you. I have no other choice and have to include this column as end user can be our customer too.

By the way I am looking for any ISO standard or industrial standards relating to Inspection & Test Plan (ITP). Mainly what I am after is about requirement of ITP template, contents, scope and etc. So far I couldnt find standards, and one found is about Quality Plan ISO10005, but not the specific one I am looking for (ITP).

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
You might try the DoD. In the 1980's I wrote a number of what they called quality assurance program plans (QAPP) which included all required tests, inspections, etc. Back then I derived them from requests for quote(s) which contained all customer requirements.

Top Bottom