Developing an AS9100 Internal Auditor Training Program

T

Troy Mitchell

I have been tasked with developing and internal auditor training program for my company. Does anyone have a sample plan of a training program for auditors? I am currently a certified internal auditor for ISO 9001:2008 and will be attending AS9100 auditor training next month. Any help is appreciated.

thanks,

harry

Trusted Information Resource
I have been tasked with developing and internal auditor training program for my company. Does anyone have a sample plan of a training program for auditors? ..........................

Welcome to the Cove.

I note that someone referred you to this site and as usual, we will try our best to help but I am not very clear of what you are looking for.

From the above 2 sentences, are you looking for some form of needs analysis (competency) before proceeding to design the training program?

If so, check our post attachments list for training needs

AndyN

Moved On
I have been tasked with developing and internal auditor training program for my company. Does anyone have a sample plan of a training program for auditors? I am currently a certified internal auditor for ISO 9001:2008 and will be attending AS9100 auditor training next month. Any help is appreciated.

thanks,

May I suggest that you don't even consider this as viable? Unless you are skilled in instructional design, then the time/cost of developing such a course - if it is to be effective - isn't comparable to having someone come in and train your auditors! In my experience (16+ years of developing training and teaching) the cost/benefit ratio doesn't look good! Typically, you will have to put in 10 hours for 1 hour of training. So, if you take a typical, accredited 24 hour course as a baseline, you will be working on it for 240 hours! How many times will it be used?

That's just the development time, if you have raw material for case studies etc. - if not, double that time!

Reactions: Joy
Top Bottom