Differences / deltas between ISO/TS 16949 and QS-9000

A

antje_roessle

Does anybody now what are the new requirements for fulfilling ISO/TS 16949? Is there anywhere an article, booklet? It give a good booklet about the differences between ISO/TS 16949 and the German VDA6.1 (this standard is comparable to QS-9000).

Is it truth, that we have to fulfil 12 month before the audit, the full ISO/TS 16949 before we can pass the certification audit? I read this sentence tomorrow in the QMC-report.

R

Roger Eastin

You can get the TS16949 from AIAG or whoever is the ISO publisher in your country. I don't anyone so far has done a comparison between TS and QS - at least, I haven't seen anything in this forum. Also, no one who has been audited by a 3rd party has indicated that there is a 12 month requirement. I may be wrong here, but I don't think that is a requirement.

E

Edwin

I'm dealing with the same problem, but somebody told me that Perry Johnson Inc. produced a booklet with the differences and similarities. Go to google.com and search for 'Perry Johnson'. By the way, if you already have some information, feel free to contact me at [email protected]

A

auditor16949

The TS 16949 course that I attended included a list of the differences between QS-9000 and TS 16949. Why not talk to your auditor and find out if he's prepared to share the information.
With respect to the maturity of the QMS prior to assessment, the 12 month figure may have come from the "Rules for achieving IATF recognition" which require the organization to supply certain information as part of their application and one of these items is "Internal audit and management review planning and results from the previous 12 months". During the assessment, the auditors have to see evidence of at least one complete internal audit and management review cycle.
None of this requires that the system has had to operate for 12 months prior to registration, there just has to be sufficient evidence that the system has been effectively implemented and is effective in practice.

F

future_Jurgen

Iam currently working on the level 3,4 of our company qs Manual, etc. Iam prepared to tell the senior management to go with TS 16949 rather than the QS 9000.
The question here is what is the difference from the Two. Can someone help me out please and thank you. [email protected] Toronto

C

Cari M

What about the difference between ISO9000:2000 and TS16469? We are ISO registered and QS compliant ( we don't own manufacturing and therefore cannot have a QS certificate). So, I'm not sure where to move to...TS or ISO 900:2000. Any suggestions?

A

Al Dyer

Cari,

A few questions:

1: In the future, do you plan to supply goods to the automotive industry or one of their tiers of suppliers?

2: How have you determined that you are QS-9000 compliant?

3: Are your quality system documents structured towards QS-9000 (2nd or 3rd edition) or ISO-9000 (1994).

Note: If you go towards TS-16949 keep in mind that it is based on ISO-9000 1994 and probable will not be upgraded to support ISO-9000 2000 for a few years when QS-9000 will probably be phased out.

ASD...

------------------
Al Dyer
Mngt. Rep.
[email protected]

C

Cari M

Originally posted by Al Dyer:
Cari,

A few questions:

1: In the future, do you plan to supply goods to the automotive industry or one of their tiers of suppliers?

We are moving to be a first tier supplier. In the past we were mainly second-tier.

2: How have you determined that you are QS-9000 compliant?
3: Are your quality system documents structured towards QS-9000 (2nd or 3rd edition) or ISO-9000 (1994).

We are audited to QS9000 standards (3rd edition) by our registrar. So, our quality system is based on these standards.

Note: If you go towards TS-16949 keep in mind that it is based on ISO-9000 1994 and probable will not be upgraded to support ISO-9000 2000 for a few years when QS-9000 will probably be phased out.

So will being certified to TS16469 mean you are also compliant to ISO 9000:2000? (like being certfied to QS9000 means you are ISO 9001 compliant) Or are these two standards more separate from eachother?

Thanks.

R

Roger Eastin

TS16949 will have to be revised to comply with ISO9000:2000. I understand that, if the FDIS IS09000:2000 doesn't change, when ISO9000:2000 is released, TS won't be far behind with its update. By the way, TS looks like 90% QS9K with 10% VDA6 thrown in!

Top Bottom