Digital Dial Indicator Recommendation

SGCalLab

Involved In Discussions
My company currently uses Mitutoyo Dial Indicators Model 2416S.

Operators drop these things quite a bit due to working with oils, etc... So I end up replacing them often.

Does anyone know of a good, durable, digital one that will take some abuse? Resolution up to .001 is more than enough. They are only used for quick accuracy checks anyway.

Does anyone know of a good, durable, digital one that will take some abuse?
Well... Most brands seem to be a lot more durable (as far as the electronic parts are concerned) today than they used to be, but when it comes to dropping them luck inevitably plays a big part.

I can't really recommend any particular brand: Anyone else?

/Claes

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
My company currently uses Mitutoyo Dial Indicators Model 2416S.

Operators drop these things quite a bit due to working with oils, etc... So I end up replacing them often.

Does anyone know of a good, durable, digital one that will take some abuse? Resolution up to .001 is more than enough. They are only used for quick accuracy checks anyway.

Mitutoyo is a good brand. Your first order of business is to find out with the operators what can be done to prevent these indicators from dropping. No indicator, no matter how rigidly constructed, will withstand drops on the floor.

Stijloor.

T

trainerbob

Could always try a chain or a wrist strap or a strap to the belt, etc. some things are hard to poka yoke (some would say "idiot proof").

A

achorste

Possibly rubber matting around the work area to prevent damage?

I like the wrist strap idea though - probably not to a wrist but maybe some solid object in the work area?

Top Bottom