Document Control-AS9100 - Marking of Documents as Master Copy of Controlled Copy

G

Goldstarr

Hi

With reference to marking of documents as Master copy of controlled copy, do we require to mark all the pages of document.

Eg. If the original copy of standard is a Master copy, am I required to put the "Master" stamp on all pages or on the first page would be sufficient.

Thanks

insect warfare

QA=Question Authority
Trusted Information Resource
You are only required to do it however you have defined in your procedure for document control.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that AS9100 prescribes a "marking" of documents by way of stamp, or even that you need to have hard copies (because electronic methods work just as well for some), but rather it allows you to define the controls yourself, hence the requirement for a document control procedure...

Once you have done that, you can identify and control your distribution however you wish, as long as it is effective in adhering to the controls you have established in your procedure.

So get creative with it...your intuition will follow your creativity.

Hope I've helped...:rolleyes:
Brian

G

Goldstarr

Hi Brian

Thanks for your inputs.In the procedure we have specified that the original copy shall be identified by stamping it as "Master" Copy. We havent specified whether all pages of the original document shall be marked.

My question in such situation, are we suppose to put label on each page of original document or stamping the cover page would be sufficient ?

thanks

insect warfare

QA=Question Authority
Trusted Information Resource
In light of this information, you could include this as part of your procedure as well.

All I am saying is that what your document control procedure states should not make things cumbersome or difficult for the person in charge of controlling documents...you do need to adhere to what AS9100 requires, but beyond that, it is your show and you have the freedom to choose any additional control measures you feel are necessary.

This should provide some guidance...

Hope I've helped...:rolleyes:
Brian

Top Bottom