Documented Processes as per IATF16949 - Requirements for Turtle Diagrams

AMIT BALLAL

Super Moderator
Hi!

We have prepared procedures against requirement of Documented processes as per IATF16949 standard. I was told by an IATF auditor that we have to prepare turtle diagrams to fulfill the requirement. I had started doing that, but don't think this is a good idea.

My question is, whether it is really required to have a turtle diagram in place of procedures to fulfill the requirement of documented processes?

Thanks,
Amit

al40

Quite Involved in Discussions
I would ask him to show you in the standard where this is required to my knowledge it is not it is one of many tools that can be used. I have taught my auditors that it is a good tool for process audits but never have I seen it mandated.

Hope this helps.

Al40

AMIT BALLAL

Super Moderator
Thanks Al40!

Totally agree with what you are saying. But I think, IATF needs to release FAQs related to IATF16949 standard at earliest to address such issues of auditors creating their own requirements.

Thanks,
Amit

C

chandaraasekar

Hi!

We have prepared procedures against requirement of Documented processes as per IATF16949 standard. I was told by an IATF auditor that we have to prepare turtle diagrams to fulfill the requirement. I had started doing that, but don't think this is a good idea.

My question is, whether it is really required to have a turtle diagram in place of procedures to fulfill the requirement of documented processes?

Thanks,
Amit
Yes you are right, turtle diagrams are for procedure development\preparation.

You can you TS clause Vs Procedure matrix to address any international or customer specific requirement for complete mapping.

Same can be adopted for any national\International\Customer standards.

Top Bottom