Does anyone know what is involved in a HiPot capability study?

S

siouxan

My company is a supplier to Delphi and we were recently asked to submit a capability study for hipot. Does anyone know how this would be done since HiPot is a go / no go test?

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
My company is a supplier to Delphi and we were recently asked to submit a capability study for hipot. Does anyone know how this would be done since HiPot is a go / no go test?

I've been through this myself in the recent past and I was able to convince the ignoramus who asked for it that it wouldn't serve any useful purpose. You should try to do the same. Tell the person who asked for it that you don't see any way to do a capability study that would yield reliable information, and ask him/her for advice.

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
I agree with Jim, but if you find that that is not an option, try an attribute capability study.

You probably test Hipot on 100% of your product. It is a simple matter of calculating the historical PPM using these test results. PPM should be sufficient, but if the customer must absolutely have a Pp index, you can backwards calculate Pp from the PPM

Top Bottom