Does anyone use iQMS for their ISO based document control?

Renea Koski QAM

Involved In Discussions
I am new to a company that uses the iQMS ERP system for their manufacturing processes. I was told there are several modules for ISO like document control, CAPA, customer feedback, etc. What I have found so far is very limiting and not really conducive to ISO standards (13485.) I am not finding my information in the help section and they want to charge me $192 for training each time.
Can anyone shed some light on this system??

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

StepPCHen

Involved In Discussions
I've never used it, we have been on a paper based system since 2002 up until Feb 2022. Currently coming to the end of the final transition phase to an eQMS with Greenlight Guru. I would definitely recommend them

RuztyQARA

Registered
I've never used it, we have been on a paper based system since 2002 up until Feb 2022. Currently coming to the end of the final transition phase to an eQMS with Greenlight Guru. I would definitely recommend them

I am starting the process with GG and was wondering what you have used as attributes? do you have any recommendations?

GStough

Leader
Super Moderator
I am new to a company that uses the iQMS ERP system for their manufacturing processes. I was told there are several modules for ISO like document control, CAPA, customer feedback, etc. What I have found so far is very limiting and not really conducive to ISO standards (13485.) I am not finding my information in the help section and they want to charge me $192 for training each time.
Can anyone shed some light on this system??

I've not used it before but have audited suppliers who do. From what I've seen, it looks like a good system. You've been told correctly. There are several modules and if it's anything like Master Control, your company will want to purchase all of them on the most recent revision. Trying to piece them together after the fact is not recommended (that is, if they work in the same manner as Master Control). Do you have all the modules or just the manufacturing piece?

Renea Koski QAM

Involved In Discussions
I am not using the iQMS Quality modules...I find them limiting. .. but again, we haven't updated in quite awhile and we are getting ready to upgrade it in Jan. I currently use QT9. . .it is extremely useful for ISO 13485:2016 and extremely reasonable in price too! They have constant help and also have online training academy if you get stuck. There is also an employee training portal that offers unlimited users. It is great to set-up trainings and record trainings.

MD13748

Registered
In an "out of the box state"...the iQMS Quality Module for was limited for us as it did not communicate with our ERP system as they were designed on two different system platforms but were sold by the same company.

We did see great potential but it was $$$ to have the system customized. We are a small company and outsource our IT and programming for the most part but if you have in house IT people or others that can take that role, that could be a cost that you can absorb.

I recommend asking allllll the questions and be very careful to not let the seller over promise and under deliver what any system can do for you.

Its all wonderful until you send the check and plug it in and then they tell you "oh that's extra" and you are stuck. Also, it's very important to have the actual users of any system in the sales pitch!

If Quality Team is not fully involved in the sales and decision making process you could be stuck with something that costs you an annual fee to use and whose benefit is not fully recognized. Good Luck!

Jpbath

Registered
We utilize the IQMS Doc control module. When set up and used properly it has all the ability to manage the approval and distribution of you documents to the interested parties. We utilize it for all work instruction, process documentation, forms. We utilize most of the modules for Complaint handling, CAPA, Nonconforming material. The manuals are long and tedious but do have a lot of information in them. You can also get on the IQMS Users forum and discuss specific issues with IQMS users.

Top Bottom