Does CE apply to the food industry? Customer asked the manager if we are CE certified

T

Tanahy

Hello every one

Some customer asked the manager if we are CE certified... and he said he needs us to be certified to contract with us... But i know nothing about CE yet, i started reading and all, but i need a fast information if someone knows...

Do i have to get certified CE to comply or it has equavilants?and DOES IT APPLY for food industry? I am afraid it doesnt or that what i just read online!! any trusted sources of fast information to support this decision?

Best regards
Tanahy

Al Rosen

Leader
Super Moderator
Tanahy said:
Hello every one

Some customer asked the manager if we are CE certified... and he said he needs us to be certified to contract with us... But i know nothing about CE yet, i started reading and all, but i need a fast information if someone knows...

Do i have to get certified CE to comply or it has equavilants?and DOES IT APPLY for food industry? I am afraid it doesnt or that what i just read online!! any trusted sources of fast information to support this decision?

Best regards
Tanahy
Sorry, I'm not in the food industry, and didn't think you had to mark food.

Here is a Site Does my product need CE Marking? that lists all the products that require the ce mark and here is where you can find Council Regulation (EEC) No 339/93 of 8 February 1993 on checks for conformity with the rules on product safety in the case of products imported from third countries

Additional searches, will yield more information.

Top Bottom