Electronic Document Control Software suggestions wanted

V

viviennemulders

Hi

I am looking to implement electronic document control. Does anyone have any suggestions? I would like to hear from people who are using an electronic system and details on which system is being used.

Please advise!!!

rthompson

Starting to get Involved
Hello - I have been reviewing a few systems over the past year myself and have found one named DocLineUp that seems both robust and affordable.

KIDDO

Involved In Discussions
We have been using Qpulse for a few years and have had no issues. It's user friendly and easy to maintain.

Kiddo

Helmut Jilling

Auditor / Consultant
Hi

I am looking to implement electronic document control. Does anyone have any suggestions? I would like to hear from people who are using an electronic system and details on which system is being used.

Please advise!!!

Have you tried simple PDF files, readily accesible on your server? It does not have all the bells and whistles, but it is a simple way to test your idea. That's the only "software" many companies use for doc control.

A

Al Dyer

Hi

Please advise!!!
Keep it simple until there is a real need for a pre-packaged program. Start with your own spreadsheet or database program (I seem to prefer excel or access) and design what works best for the long term needs for the company. Once you get into the guts of document control you will know what is needed.

Al...

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Hi

Please advise!!!
My first questions would be:

1. How big is the company?
2. How many documents do you have to control?
3. What industry are you in?

Pancho

wikineer
Super Moderator
...I would like to hear from people who are using an electronic system and details on which system is being used.

Please advise!!!

Hi Vivienne,

As others have mentioned, a first alternative involves a shared-drive with office-and-pdf files. When we got started with our system, we briefly tried this solution, but we found it as practical as digging with a spoon (or using paper documents). IMO it is not a good solution even if you had only "the 6 documented procedures".

For a second, much more productive alternative, look into canned or custom software. Some packages are mentioned here already, many others in the link provided by Marc above. Look for testimonials, like you are already doing.

There is also a third alternative, one for which I can provide a testimonial -- a wiki. A wiki is a shared website that your whole team can edit. It's deceptively inexpensive but hugely powerful. You can set it up to be friendlier than office software, and it is as complete as many canned solutions. It gives you great document control, and you can easily coordinate multiple locations.

Good luck!
Pancho

sagai

Quite Involved in Discussions
Prior suggesting anything it would be good to know her/his industry and regulatory environment first as Mark also suggested.
Regards

V

viviennemulders

Hi

We are a small medical device manufacturing company, about 100 staff. We manufacture sutures. I have inherited a very old fashioned system which has 100's of docs all over the place. Our auditors recommended that we implement some form of electronic doc control!

Top Bottom