Eqpt needed to Calibrate Oscilloscope, Multimeter, voltage tester, Torque analizer

T

Tavares

Hello all,

I need a advice from you.

My question is. Wich equipments I must use to calibrate:
- Oscilloscope 100Mhz
- Multimeters
- Withstand voltage tester
- Termometers
- Torque analiser

Thank you

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Jerry Eldred

Forum Moderator
Super Moderator
This is a fairly complicated question. 100 MHz Oscilloscope requires a scope pack (time mark generator, level generator, and leveled sinewave generator). Some of the manufacturers you can check with for that are Fluke, Tektronix, and Datron/Wavetek. Those are about the only companies that make scope calibrators.

Multimeters, depending on the accuracy level you require would also be Fluke and Datron. Those are the main manufacturers.

Withstand voltage tester requires high voltage divider and some current shunt resistors. There are numerous companies that make those. A few that come to mind are Ross Engineering, and Fluke for the divider, and Tegam (ESI), Quadtech, IET for the resistors. You also need a good accuracy meter for the measurement. Companies that make those include Agilent (HP), Fluke, Keithley, Datron, Advantest.

Thermometers, depending on the accuracy, type and range require a drywell calibrator. There are a number of vendors that sell these. Some are Hart Scientific, Techne, Omega Engineering, ASL.

Torque Analyzers are a little complicated. I would have to do a little digging to get a few vendor names for them.

I am not specifically encouraging you to buy or not buy any of the above brands. I tried to think of all the manufacturer names I am familiar with as information. No implication of which vendors are better or worse is intended (i.e.: I am not selling any of them).

If you have any more specific questions, feel free to email me directly at [email protected] .

Top Bottom