Eqpt needed to Calibrate Oscilloscope, Multimeter, voltage tester, Torque analizer

T

Tavares

Hello all,

I need a advice from you.

My question is. Wich equipments I must use to calibrate:
- Oscilloscope 100Mhz
- Multimeters
- Withstand voltage tester
- Termometers
- Torque analiser

Thank you

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Jerry Eldred

Forum Moderator
Super Moderator
This is a fairly complicated question. 100 MHz Oscilloscope requires a scope pack (time mark generator, level generator, and leveled sinewave generator). Some of the manufacturers you can check with for that are Fluke, Tektronix, and Datron/Wavetek. Those are about the only companies that make scope calibrators.

Multimeters, depending on the accuracy level you require would also be Fluke and Datron. Those are the main manufacturers.

Withstand voltage tester requires high voltage divider and some current shunt resistors. There are numerous companies that make those. A few that come to mind are Ross Engineering, and Fluke for the divider, and Tegam (ESI), Quadtech, IET for the resistors. You also need a good accuracy meter for the measurement. Companies that make those include Agilent (HP), Fluke, Keithley, Datron, Advantest.

Thermometers, depending on the accuracy, type and range require a drywell calibrator. There are a number of vendors that sell these. Some are Hart Scientific, Techne, Omega Engineering, ASL.

Torque Analyzers are a little complicated. I would have to do a little digging to get a few vendor names for them.

I am not specifically encouraging you to buy or not buy any of the above brands. I tried to think of all the manufacturer names I am familiar with as information. No implication of which vendors are better or worse is intended (i.e.: I am not selling any of them).

If you have any more specific questions, feel free to email me directly at [email protected] .

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Quality manual, Procedures, WI & process mapping for oil field chemical & Eqpt.trader Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 1
P Importer Needed? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
M What is the average time needed for process documentation? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
T Advice needed - Environmental MS - unwritten but customer requests policy document ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 5
M Process Creation Advice Needed Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
Watchcat Input needed from MDR Gurus! EU Medical Device Regulations 0
A AS9100D FAI requirements needed? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 3
R Robotic weld cell - maintenance issues - expertise needed Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
M EU Representative needed for Turkey? EU Medical Device Regulations 4
J Textiles needed for home monitoring device - any suggestions? Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
V Minitab GRR crossed Xbar and r method macro needed Using Minitab Software 7
Nicole Desouza Contract / Customer Order Review Checklist Needed Manufacturing and Related Processes 12
J Exporting Medical Devices - What is needed from the receiver? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
H Man Hour Plan 145.A.30 example needed EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 0
J Document Control Software Needed ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
C Is CE Mark needed for a small DAC audio board on top of a Rasberry PI? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
Ron Rompen Source needed for Spline Form gauge (GO and NOGO members) General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
R Customer supplied material - risk and policy advice needed Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 11
M ISO 80079-34 certified contract manufacturer needed Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
N Essential requirements checklist needed? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
Q Effective Auditing advice needed ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16
T Logic that determines what production testing is needed ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
F Importer and US agent needed after FDA clearance? Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
Q Guidance Needed For Mapping Career Path Career and Occupation Discussions 5
Q AS9100D Corrective Action Procedure needed Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
LeonelAguilar352 ISO 9001 - 2015, is the Quality Manual needed? Please advise ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
K Russia - Medical Device Regulation Including Definitions Needed Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
B Easy Software Needed for Recording Mainly Attribute Data Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
D AS9100 Document Management (Advice Needed) AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 4
Pmarszal Supplier Auditing Services (Audit Needed?) General Auditing Discussions 4
D Introducing an existing product into automotive context - DFMEA needed? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
E Canada classification of surgical displays, MDL needed? Canada Medical Device Regulations 2
J TOPCON PP-70 Optical Comparator - User Manual Needed General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
I Is risk acceptability really needed if all risks must be reduced as far as possible? ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 6
B Standards Needed In House - Determining what standards are applicable Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 3
A AS9100D Quality Manual & Procedures needed Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 4
J RoHS, WEEE and REACH Consulting Expertise Needed REACH and RoHS Conversations 4
Q ISO9001:2015 Cl. 6.1 - What evidences of risk addressing is needed? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
P Datron/Wavetek 4808 Option 70 Wideband Source - User and Service Manuals needed General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
D Help needed for Compliance Road-Map - Startup making their first device (IVD) IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 1
M Remote Office only has Invoice Function - Audit Needed? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 0
S Nadcap HT Auditor Advisory 17-003 Advice needed AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 0
M FDA Email Address needed for CECATS 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
A Difference between requirement for 4.4.1a (inputs) and 4.4.1d (resources needed)? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
A Difference Between Complaints and Feedbacks in terms of Follow-Up Actions Needed Customer Complaints 3
ncwalker Definition Needed: High Level Acronym Buzzword Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 9
Z Is PPAP Re-qualification needed in case of not quoted dimension change? APQP and PPAP 4
A MOPs needed after Isolation Transformer IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
V Root Cause help needed - Sheet metal breaking at press Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 9
W TL9000 transition from 5.5 to 6.0 - help needed TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 1