SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

Established a c=0 "AQL" or "RQL" table

L

ltran1109

Hello Everyone,

My name is Linh. I am a recent grad from UMass. I am in 1st my job as a Quality Engineer in Boston. One of the tasks that I was assigned is to source an AQL table that is c=0 for incoming inspection. I am quite confused and not sure what to do. Just a brief overview of my company, We are 13485:2016 and 9001:2015 certified, with low volume high-cost operations. The AQL/incoming inspection must comply with 9001, 13485, and FDA. The way we are handling our incoming inspection is as follow.

For example, 10 parts were delivered to us from Suppliers; we inspect 100% if 1 is bad, we rejected 1 and accepted 9 pieces. For higher qty parts, say it is 100, we reference our AQL table to find out the qty of parts we should sampling if all sampling passed, we accept them all, if 1 sampling failed, we do 100% inspection for the whole 100 parts.

Honestly, I have no idea how to find a table that would fit in our QSP, inspection plan, etc. Given the task that I was assigned, I am planning to buy "Zero Acceptance Number Sampling Plans" by Squeglia to read more on what he has to say about this c=0. I was wondering if anyone could please provide some feedback or guidance to point me in the right direction.

I appreciate you read my post, thank you.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
Given the task that I was assigned, I am planning to buy "Zero Acceptance Number Sampling Plans" by Squeglia to read more on what he has to say about this c=0. I was wondering if anyone could please provide some feedback or guidance to point me in the right direction.

I appreciate you read my post, thank you.
You are taking a good first step in the right direction. Read it, learn to interpret OC curves.

Levinson also did an article on C=0 sampling in Quality Digest earlier this year as well you could take a peek at.

L

ltran1109

You may also want to look at MIL-STD-1916 & the companion handbook.
Thank you for your comment. From what I've been reading and please correct me if I am wrong, this MIL STD has been replaced by ANSI/ASQ Z1.4. If that is the case, which STD should I follow and why?

Thank you,
Linh

Al Rosen

Staff member
Super Moderator
Thank you for your comment. From what I've been reading and please correct me if I am wrong, this MIL STD has been replaced by ANSI/ASQ Z1.4. If that is the case, which STD should I follow and why?

Thank you,
Linh

MIL-STD-105 was replaced by ANSI/ASQ Z1.4, both of which are not C=0 plans.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S W.E.T (Well Established Technology) EU Medical Device Regulations 0
M Can I audit processes I've established but do not implement or maintain? Internal Auditing 6
x-files Matrix for: Established, implemented, maintained (5.5.2 Management Representative) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
M How to measure effectiveness and efficiency of the established QMS as Auditors ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
R On Auditing Internal Audit Process - How Independence can be Established Internal Auditing 4
J Small Company with an established Secretary/Admin person with "Personal" procedures Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 8
M Suitability and Meaning of PED (Pre-Established Dispositions) to Quality Objectives IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
Q Supplier Disqualification - High Rejects and not following established Procedures ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
S What if the Customers Insist on Service that Breaks the Established Procedures? Service Industry Specific Topics 19
M List of Mandatory Processes to be Established and Maintained required by AS9100 rev C AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 13
Z Does this Process need an established Documented Procedure? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
C Established procedure for Advisory Notices - ISO 13485 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
S How to handle certification process - Firm's division recently established abroad ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
A Is there an established RPN number or score for a DFMEA? FMEA and Control Plans 1
A Data for reliability and measurability has not been established and included Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 4
W What's next for Six sigma? An established culture? The Future of Six Sigma Six Sigma 34
R 5.5.3 Internal Communication - "Appropriate communication processes are established" ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
Marc NACLA is a newly established organization for recognition of laboratory accreditation General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
M Does C=0 strictly mean 1 bad, all bad, all the time? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
Douglas E. Purdy C=0 Sampling for Variable Characteristics Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 14
M Determining c=0 AQL numbers Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3
R What to Report when Using C=0 Sampling Plan Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 15
G Sampling Plan according to SAE ARP9013 C=0 Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
Q Definition C - What the "C" in C=0 Sample Plan means Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 10
M AS9100A (old revision) - Required C=0 sampling plans if sampling was used? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
S Justifying the AQL for a Zero (C=0) Acceptance Plan (Medical Device) AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 6
WCHorn AS9100 and Sampling - ANSI ASQ Z1.4 C=0 Conflict AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 11
A C=0 and Skip Lot Sampling Plan Relationship Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
V C=0 Zero Acceptance Number Sampling Plan - Question Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
A ANSI/ASQ Z1.4 tables for C=0 - Setting up a robust Sampling Inspection Scheme Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
M c=0 Acceptance Sampling Plan similar to the N. Squeglia version Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
C C=0 vs. AQL MIL Standard 105 E - Sampling Plans Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
P Why sample size for c=0 sampling plan reduces across the increases of AQL AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 2
L Please Explain Inspection Levels including C=0 Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
Q C=0 Sampling Plan Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
T How to define c=0 Reject Rates Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 14
V C=0 vs. ANSI/ASQC Z1.4 - Part Inspection Sampling Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
A What is a good lot size? We use the C=0 Sampling plans at AQL %1.0 AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 9
R My C=0 sampling failed to detect parts are out of round Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 20
L What does "C" in C=0 mean? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
QChas The Source of "C=0 Sampling Plans Index Values (Associated AQLS)" AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 3
Marc Zero Acceptance Number Sampling Plan - C=0 Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 0
C Ansi/ASQ Z1.4 C=0 Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
C C=O puzzle - What protection does C=0 provide a supplier? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 15
G Has anyone heard of the Squeglia Zero (c=0) Acceptance Sampling Plan? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
C MIL-STD-105E vs MIL-STD-1916 - Is 1916 the same as C=0? Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 4
A % of defects on the whole batch based on result from inspection under AQL Level II Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
U How to pick between ANSI Z1.4 vs. ISO2859-1 for AQL Inspection? What are the major differences? AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 4
W LTPD, AQL, Ppk and Cpk validation sampling plan table Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 0
R AQL, Consumer Risk and MA Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2