FCA US Customer Specific IATF 16949- Critical Characteristics 8.6.2

brandieb1230

Involved In Discussions
FCA US recently published some revisions on their customer specific requirements to IATF 16949.

One of the changes is that:
For dimensional characteristics identified on the Control Plan as Critical (8.2.3.1.2), the organization
shall conduct a monthly dimensional study in accordance with QR-10012 and SPB-00001-09.

I sent an email out to my team discussing changes and a coworker said that our stuff was quoted under the old requirement and that we were good. We could change the frequency if they allowed us to requote otherwise this does not apply. It makes sense but the auditor part of me is questioning this train of thought.

What are your thoughts on this? How do you handle changes to testing or layout requirements?

Ashland78

Quite Involved in Discussions
did anyone ever reply to you on this brandieb1230? We just got this noticed in an external audit and we are trying to find out what this information even is?
Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

M

malasuerte

So there may be a couple of things here. Yes, the SOW (statement of work) or contract was under the old requirements. However, This change is really about the frequency - per the requirement 8.6.2 you are supposed to do this "at the frequency determined by the customer".

So unless your previous SOW/Contract/PPAP/etc stated the frequency as being something other than 'monthly', you need to meet the monthly requirements. Right? If you had not previously agreed to say 'Quarterly', then you simply agreed to do what the customer determined. If you can't or don't want to, you would have to get that approval/waiver from the customer.

Top Bottom