Ford CSR Update (FMEA's) - January 2022

AndrewK

Involved In Discussions
Hi Andrew,
Do you know if PLATO AG software has the ability for Foundation FMEA creation and alignment to other core docs? I checked their website but was unable to determine if their software has this capability. Thank you.
Hello! Yes, Plato has such ability-you recieve like 2 kind of databases- one for foundations, templates and master docs, 2nd is for your projects- and you may create a generic analysis and store them in 1st DB. and by using 2nd, use and modify generic things to your products and vice versa.
Check also Relyence suite- it has Knowledge bank feature for this. they are also cloud based.
Datalyzer software also good, but they are not cloud based as i know

Zennie W

Registered
Interesting discussion. Key points that I see from review of the available documents, and in attending the Ford/Plexus roll out of Feb 14th:

- All products that have not completed Job1 by July 1 2022 need to use FMEA software that will link the part/process FMEA with the Foundation FMEA

- This also applies to all Foundation PFMEA's and any FMEA's updated starting Dec 31 2022

- Last you need to have a process in place for new launches to perform a RFMEA (Reverse FMEA), which is an exercise were you try to make bad parts at the equipment supplier, when the equipment is installed on the plant floor, and some period afterwards, and feed the info back into the PFMEA.

Again this is how I understand the items I have reviewed. I assume we will learn more as we interact with Ford.

malasuerte

Quite Involved in Discussions
My question is: Are you going to follow these CSRs or negotiate a waiver? e.g. The RFMEA, is a pretty outlandish ask - I would never sign up for that.

Zennie W

Registered
From my experience I would think the RFMEA would be a great tool with a quick ROI. Never did one, but spend a lot of time finding and fixing issues after launch, and spending time with the operators as they always saw things that would improve the process.

optomist1

A Sea of Statistics
Super Moderator
From my experience I would think the RFMEA would be a great tool with a quick ROI. Never did one, but spend a lot of time finding and fixing issues after launch, and spending time with the operators as they always saw things that would improve the process.
Operators are the best source of what is actually occurring...relying solely upon ones laptop and company databases is fraught with risks...from TPS "go and see"...or Genchi Genbutsu.

Zennie W

Registered
Very true. I use to spend a lot of time with the operators, and build up relationships. To the point that they would phone me when management would do things that would f'up the process. I would sometimes take operators and maintenance personnel from one plant to another to teach the lesson's they learnt, and at the same time review the plant for lessons they could take back. Always a great exchange. The normal source of info and exchange were the Quality Engineers. We would meet 3 to 4 times a year, rotating from one to another plant. And the exchanges always drove improvements, such that plant management was always willing to host or send their personal to these sessions.

optomist1

A Sea of Statistics
Super Moderator
Hi Zennie, could not agree more with you...there is a lot of bonding that takes place as well, it is all good...no matter how great a firms IT ERP systems are, they NEVER catch everything; especially with the increasingly dynamic work environment/employee turnover.
Cheers Optomist1

Jason Baur

Registered
John, I ordered the 30 day trial of the AIAG Core Tools Software. Just getting it set up to play aorund in it. Question: can you upload current Foundaiton FMEA's into it? If so, how is that done?

Hey Dan, I thought you may benefit from where our company is on this journey. Originally we said the same thing, just make a super good excel sheet and we can say it meets all the requirements. Ultimately the time to make and manage an excel solution is simply not worth the effort. We then started researching several solutions in addition to the AIAG CTS. The first solution for our 11 plants world wide was the entire kitchen and would roughly be 800K - 1M. All for added solutions we don't need. The second company was a builder of software solutions. They looked like they would run between 30-50k. Again, way too high. The demo I did with the third company today has what looks like a really good solution but the cost is high at $130 a month for a concurrent license (Anyone can use the license but only one at a time. China can log out and then our person in Ky can log in. The AIAG solution is the cheapest I found at $360 per year per concurrent license. This boils down to $30 a month. We did our demo and Brian M. the program manager for AIAG was super helpful. They don't have any on-line training but he said he can do the initial training session as a demo with my team. He recorded the original demo and I sent that to a couple of QE test subjects at our lead plants. To me, provided the AIAG solution works without any serious roadblocks it makes sense for several reasons.
1) You will always be up to date.
2) Less questions from the customer reps trying to ensure you meet the req.
3) Less questions by the IATF auditor again just trying to verify your meeting the new Ford CSR.
4) Cost and value. The CTS will also track PPAPs along with all the Ford CSR requirements. For $360 a seat annually that can be shared across the globe, it is the best value I have found.

*****If anyone reading this disagrees, thinks the AIAG software is junk, or has found a cheaper solution, please tell me.

So I think your on a good path Dan and I hope it all works out for you. Please let us know how your trial goes. For me AIAG still looks like the best solution on the table.

Glamuria

Registered
At least foundation FmEA needs to be uploaded in order to be able to use with the new standards. of course after their modification. That what we do currently in my company. We orddered PLATO AG. But i like more Relyence suite - JLR using it also.
Regarding usage excel - it would be complicated to demonstrate all structure,function and failure trees there, to show interactions between lower levels,focus element and top levels, cascading characteristics and so on. Dedicated software is give you more tools for that. also if it is web based it gives to you possibility of access to it from anywhere and have collaborative work aproach

Hey AndrewK, I am working Ford's tier 1 supplier company. We need a software like this. We looking other options than CTS. But, I cannot access the details about the software of Plato AG and Relyence companies (Demo fees, purchasing conditions, etc.). Could you please tell me where I can find more information? And can you tell under what conditions you ordered Plato?

AndrewK

Involved In Discussions
Hey AndrewK, I am working Ford's tier 1 supplier company. We need a software like this. We looking other options than CTS. But, I cannot access the details about the software of Plato AG and Relyence companies (Demo fees, purchasing conditions, etc.). Could you please tell me where I can find more information? And can you tell under what conditions you ordered Plato?

PLATO we have corporate edition (our internal server inside corporate network) but they also selling different options. (www 'dot' plato-e1ns 'dot' com) on this page you may find contacts and also sign up for demo version,
Check also here - ( www 'dot' relyence 'dot' com ) you may contact to company using form and try their software for free also from the main page.
remove 'dot' and put "." instead- my rating now is not enough to post links

Top Bottom