Further evidence that Microsoft is doomed: Ms. Dewey

BradM

Leader
Admin
:topic:

Great points about databases. Most of my jobs aren't large enough to merit the considerations.

Still, most small businesses won't have that large of databases. Wouldn't you say that Access would serve their needs? Then when they grow, they could migrate to a more robust database (they could afford the software price).

Sorry, Jim. Got off of your thread. So, should I even try this new search engine?

C

chergh - 2008

:topic:

Still, most small businesses won't have that large of databases. Wouldn't you say that Access would serve their needs?

I couldn't agree more which is why it should be included in the small business edition instead they'll have to buy Office Professional, or Office Professional Extreme, or Office Enterprise Ultra Extended which comes complete with a large leather executive chair and a PA.

Of course, if you ask the PA to do too much, he/she just puts an egg-timer on the desk, buggers off for five minutes and then crashes your car;)

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
At least Ms.Dewey is easy on the eyes while waiting for that page to load.

M$ have royally annoyed me today as their next set of office products are going to cost 70% more in the UK than US!!!!!!! I know I live in rip off Britain but this is getting rediculous. That Access isn't included in the small business edition is also a disgrace it's small businesses that can't afford real databases that benefit most from Access. :mad:

www.openoffice.org :cool:

D

David Hartman

Our city library uses OpenOffice in their computer lab, which I have used a couple of times (while waiting on my cable internet to be hooked up). I found it fairly intuitive as a MsOffice user, and found the results to be very compatible with my Office `95 software at home. I did have to reformat a page that was supposed to have the text vertically and horizontally centered, but that was pretty minor.

This isn't bad for a freebie.:agree1:

L

little__cee

Curiosity got the better of me.

The beginning is creepy - its like looking at a face/neck without any other body parts - weird.

Where is Mr. Dewey? Can I look at a muscled shirtless guy while my search information is loading? I think we need a man option. M$ are you listening? And I don't want to look at Bill Gates, either...

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Curiosity got the better of me.

The beginning is creepy - its like looking at a face/neck without any other body parts - weird.

Where is Mr. Dewey? Can I look at a muscled shirtless guy while my search information is loading? I think we need a man option. M$ are you listening? And I don't want to look at Bill Gates, either...
Amen! :applause: :lol:

I lasted for about three seconds of her singing. It loaded slowly and she was irritating.

Y'all are right--it's absurd. And this is supposed to draw me away from Google?

M$ has a history of forgetting to consider its customer wishes while claiming it is listening to its customers (they never asked me anything). They'll devise an effort that chases down well-traveled avenues and call it innovation--but with poor reviews like (broken link removed).

They'll continue to make money by eating their competition like Pac-Man and overcharging for their products.

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
yup - got around to letting it load up.

won't be bookmarking that one.

I've been asking questions like "Can I have your number?" and "Where can I hide a dead body?"

Top Bottom