Gaining experience for RAB QALA Certification

M

morgand - 2006

Hello all!

I am a sort of newbie to the forum.

Basically, my boss wants me to get RAB Lead Auditor Certified so that we will no longer have to do business with our company’s RAB Certified Lead Auditor. :eek: I am currently auditing with this person, and doing all of the scheduling, planning, auditee contact, team selection, reporting, etc (this includes getting maps for this person from their hotel to the place of the audit or picking them up).

I have passed an RAB Certified Lead Auditor course and test. How should I go about getting my observed audits, etc as required by RAB without using this person? This person has previously stated that I am too young to be a Lead Auditor. So, they are definitely not an option. :confused:

Thank you!

C

C Emmons

I had the same problem. I contacted my local ASQ chapter and joined a program in which they let auditors volunteer their time to audit other companies. There were a few RAB Certified Lead doing the same thing. I had one of them conduct my witness audits. Another option..look on the RAB website for an auditor in your area. Most auditors are available for hire and will conduct a witness audit for a fee.

Randy

Super Moderator
Step 1 would be to get yourself registered as a Provisional Auditor and work up.

Step 2 is to pretty much forget about gaining a QMS-LA level unless you can figure out how to get a current registered/certified RAB QMS-LA to give you some witnessed audit time.

Step 3 is to remember that your audit time cannot be of you own system.....it has to be independent and 3rd party auditing with at least 2 people on the team.

Tell your boss that in the near future it ain't gonna hoppin' :nope:

Top Bottom