Help with the GD&T - Tolerance for the Profile of the Surface

Bigfoot

Involved - Posts
I could use some help on this.

The part has two features that have a 0.5mm tolerance for the Profile of the surface. One feature is a stand alone profile on a 7mm deep machined groove for that surface. The other is on the surface of an ellipse that is relative to the 7 mm depth (for an offset) and is tied to datums A - B - C without any modifiers. The engineering dept decided to build a gage using LVDT that provide variable data on the relative position of the machined groove to the top surface more as a position than as a profile. Is this a valid means to check this feature?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
B

Bill Ryan - 2007

I guess I'm confused when you say the elliptical surface is "relative" to the groove depth (which is not "tied to" any datum?), yet it's "tied to" -A-, -B-, -C- in the feature control frame :confused: Does that come from your knowledge of the part fit/function (from your description I don't see the "relativity")?

As with ProudLiberal, I might be of some help if I could see the dwg.

Bill

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Q % Study variation low, % tolerance high - GR&R Interpretation help Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
D Part Variation, Unilateral Tolerance, Destructive Testing - Gage R&R Experts pls help Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 12
L Need a help in finding a research paper - Patel, J. K. (1986) Tolerance interval Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 2
P Help Interpreting "Variable Tolerance Limit" - MMC Modifiers - Geometric Tolerance Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 18
D Amendment Class II - Please confirm if the submission is by email (Canada) - Help Canada Medical Device Regulations 0
T ISO/IEC 17065 certification scheme Help Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 7
T Help to Suggest name for a new certification and inspection company Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7
SocalSurfer AS9100 new certificate, but need QMS software, help Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
L Manufacturing Process Audit Help IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
M Case study help as per ISO 9001: 2015 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
M Case study solution help required as per ISO 9001 : 2015 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
A Beginners help with ISO3951-2 Combined control s-method n>5 what is Phi ?? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 0
MDD_QNA Medical Device Software - Is a Help Button required? IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 1
S Need help with analysing a survey on minitab Using Minitab Software 1
M Help me improve the definition for internal PPM Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
I Help: QFD House of Quality Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 1
C New to Site - Request Help with API Q2 Implementation Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 10
O Please, help with document on ISO/ TS 17758 and (IDF 87: 1979). Thank you. Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
A Class medical device (MDD) - Classification help EU Medical Device Regulations 1
K A proposal for the model Quality Management - I need help for the project ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
A Help with Drawing Review - ISO 9001:2015 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
R Probability - Need a help to solve the below question Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
M Thanks for the help Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
Judy Abbott Can any one help me with an urgent BIOCOMPATIBILITY Impact assessment? Internal Auditing 9
A Help establishing regulatory requirements - Plastic dental cartridge syringe US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
A Medical Device Contract Manufacturing Requirements and Information - Help wanted ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
8 Need Help - Runout - Function Gage Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 7
T Burn out - Tips to help combat QC burnout Career and Occupation Discussions 9
Emran.mi Measurement system analysis - Can you help me about implementation MSA for CMM device Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
S New to FAIR, need help in filling it out AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
M Informational From RAPS: Danish Regulators Seek to Help Smaller Companies With EU MDR Compliance Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Reliability Testing - Weibull Analysis Help Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 4
L Help me to decide which test to use - If each proportion belongs to the same population Using Minitab Software 7
M Informational US FDA issued the first warning letter for UDI violations to help ensure compliance Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
T QMS Template Help - Small machine shop/job shop Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
R Pls help --- Need expert advice on Video Measurement Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 0
B Will you please help me with my academic project? Repair & calibration service for test equipment ISO 17025 related Discussions 0
B [Help] Customer Engagement Survey for MBA Project - due Apr19 Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
B Help with Customer Engagement Survey for MBA Project - due Apr19 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
Q ISO 3310 Clarification Help - Aperture sizes for sieves used for particle sorting Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
Ajit Basrur Need help to understand HIPAA requirements ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 17
JoshuaFroud FDA Form MDSAP AU F0029.1.004 - Help with Completion US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
supadrai Aviation MRO Project facility coming to U-Tapao airport in Thailand - Help Career and Occupation Discussions 2
E Small one man shop with QMS (shoptech e2) | AS9100 cert help AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 46
L Please help me with the process of getting ISO 9001 certified Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 15
K Please help identify appropriate statistical treatment Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 13
S Help develop sampling plan for prototype samples (medical devices) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 7
J Nonconforming product procedures SOP help :) Nonconformance and Corrective Action 2
J Help with Arburg Allround 320s Injection Molding Machine Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
Z I need help with getting a CFS in China Manufacturing and Related Processes 2