Help with TS16949 Awareness Training for Employees

M

mohamedhrr

Hi,

We are going for TS16949 cetification,
Can Someone kindly help me regarding trainings.

1.Does awareness training to be given to all employees, or only the department heads.
2.Minimum how many Internal Auditors are required (Our total employee strength is 70).
3.I am an certified Internal Auditor, So Can i give the awareness and Internal Auditor training to the employees or a consultant from CB should give.

Kindly Help

Thanks.

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
Hi,

1.Does awareness training to be given to all employees, or only the department heads.
2.Minimum how many Internal Auditors are required (Our total employee strength is 70).
3.I am an certified Internal Auditor, So Can i give the awareness and Internal Auditor training to the employees or a consultant from CB should give.

Kindly Help

Thanks.

Here below my ideas:
1. It depends on responsibilities. Involvement is key . It could be a general purpose training for all, for process owners it could be more aimed and detailed on specific aspects. It is strongly advices to have top management follow training on ISO TS
2. Considering that the company is small , I think one or two for back up is enough. The audit programm shall cover all processes and all type of audit (system, process and product)
3. Are you accredited for ISO TS? I know that some customers require internal auditors follow external training on ISO TS with organization accredidated by IATF, not CB otherwise it is consultancy that is forbidden.
Consider to cover also FMEA, SPC, MSA, PPAP , APQP , Problem solving training.

K

kgott

Hi,

Kindly Help

Thanks.

For shop floor people:

I define what quality is using the definition of quality, quality requirements and quality assurance found in ISO 9000. I include in that the section on ISO 9001 on identifying customer requirements and the section on customer feed back.

I summarise that in a general statement

I tell them that our quality management system is our project management and delivery system.

I tell them that their role is take those parts of the management systems that apply to their work and implement them.

For higher ups:

I tell them that by adding, where necessary, the parts of the standard that not currently integrated into business documents, that by integrating these requirements into the way things are done we will able demonstrate to ourselves and our customers:

that we have, to a provable degree, good basic processes in place and that we will be effectively managing business risk.

That's it.

AndyN

Moved On
Hi,

Kindly Help

Thanks.

Training in what? No-one needs training on TS 16949! They just have to be competent in their tasks and also the tools. The auditor training in TS is a requirement, if I remember correctly. There may be some CSRs you'll have to cover.

2 internal auditors should be the minimum, really. Depends on if the role is full time or not.

The CB can't do training (and shouldn't). Find a good consultant with a verifiable reputation. Check their experience first.

AndyN

Moved On
3. Are you accredited for ISO TS? I know that some customers require internal auditors follow external training on ISO TS with organization accredidated by IATF, not CB otherwise it is consultancy that is forbidden.

For clarification - there is no ISO TS "accreditation" and training organizations are NOT accredited by IATF. An organization is ISO/TS 16949 Certified or Registered (labs are accredited to ISO/IEC 17025 for example) and no such approval exists for training providers, btw.

qusys

For clarification - there is no ISO TS "accreditation" and training organizations are NOT accredited by IATF. An organization is ISO/TS 16949 Certified or Registered (labs are accredited to ISO/IEC 17025 for example) and no such approval exists for training providers, btw.

I know that ISO TS training for internal auditor are given by only recognized bodies in each country, that are oversighted by IATF. I intended in that way.

AndyN

Moved On
I know that ISO TS training for internal auditor are given by only recognized bodies in each country, that are oversighted by IATF. I intended in that way.

The ISO/TS 16949 training courses which were developed and are offered by Excel Partnership (now only in the UK) had no such IATF oversight. They are accredited by IRCA, however.

qusys

The ISO/TS 16949 training courses which were developed and are offered by Excel Partnership (now only in the UK) had no such IATF oversight. They are accredited by IRCA, however.

I was referring to Italy where there is ANFIA, that is a member of IAFT. ANFIA provides recognized trainings for ISO TS internal auditor and other courses.
I do not know in other countries, but I suppose that there is a body for this service in any coountry.

Top Bottom