Honda U3-X Personal mobility device

U

Umang Vidyarthi

Friends,

Honda has come up with a unique concept for personal mobility, Honda U3-X.

It is a revolutionary and ingenious design, providing ease of motion.

Enjoy & share

Umang :D

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Technology : Excellent
Application : Not Healthy

Walk your way to good health.
For most of us I absolutely agree, but some people with disabilities and age-related mobility limitations, such as my Mother-in-Law might really benefit from a compact vehicle like this one. Very cool looking!

M

MIREGMGR

Part of the problem with marketing a balance-sensing mobility device to a mobility-impaired person is that they often have imperfect balance control themselves, and depend on rigid motion supports, i.e. walkers, canes, etc.

Seated on a single-point-of-control mechanical system, with no balance reference or rigid point of support available to them and with no safety system monitoring the safety of a proposed move, they might be accidentally launched from a sidewalk into street traffic, or down a flight of stairs, or otherwise into danger.

Unlike an automobile or a wheelchair, this device apparently has no independent braking system other than putting down your feet...which would run the risk of being tipped off in motion, for an older, slower-reacting rider.

I have no idea what Honda's marketing strategy for this may be...product, or technology demonstrator/reputation builder like their dancing robots...but surely they are aware of the issues involved in a single-point-of-control, non-safety-monitored human mobility system.

Top Bottom