How can you deploy an MSA study on a visual inspection appearance variable

O

omolina

Hi. I have a question. Maybe someone outthere can answer.

Clause 4.11 states that MSA studies has to be deployed for all measure systems documented in control plans. This is done using the Evaluation/Measure Technique column in the Control Plan Format.

How can you deploy a MSA study on a visual inspected appearance variable ? (In the APQP / CP booklet there is an example of this kind of variables).

What about go / no go issues ? Are they similar ?.

Thanks for your comments ...

O. MOLINA

D

D.Scott

It would depend on what the visual inspection is for. If your inspection evaluation is pass/fail, then you could use the attribute MSA. If your inspection was incremental, use the variable.

We have a process of counting coated threads to control a process. The operator records the threads counted as a numerical value and SPC charts are kept on those results. We list the control on the CP and do a MSA. So far we have not had a problem with our PPAPs or with an auditor.

Dave

M

mcterrab

greetings!
i have the same problem.
what best MSA method i can apply in our automatic visual inspection?
{judgment based on measurement, it measures the product and compare the measured value on its set tolerance in software}

since it is automatic inspection, no human intervention or no need human appraiser.
{reproducibility cannot defined?}

what best method that i can do.
please advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom