How important is using the "correct" GMDN?

monoj mon

Trusted Information Resource
What will be the right GMDN code for wound dressings made up of chitosan?
As Chris1Price has said, one needs to know details about a product in order to determine the exact GMDN Term by going through the "Definition" of each term. The "GMDN Terms" actually serve as the very higher level of identification while the actual information is within the "definition" which needs to be matched with your device. Perhaps, from next time you could directly contact the GMDN agency to determine the exact GMDN code as you may have some limitations to share details about your devices in public platform. I always do interactive communication with them and get quick feedback.

Additionally, I am not sure how appropriate it is to share the "GMDN code" in public platform as it is a paid service and codes are available only after you purchase the "GMDN Term". If you still need opinion in this platform, you may limit to share the "Name" only and other members will understand it anyway.

Ramya

Starting to get Involved
As Chris1Price has said, one needs to know details about a product in order to determine the exact GMDN Term by going through the "Definition" of each term. The "GMDN Terms" actually serve as the very higher level of identification while the actual information is within the "definition" which needs to be matched with your device. Perhaps, from next time you could directly contact the GMDN agency to determine the exact GMDN code as you may have some limitations to share details about your devices in public platform. I always do interactive communication with them and get quick feedback.

Additionally, I am not sure how appropriate it is to share the "GMDN code" in public platform as it is a paid service and codes are available only after you purchase the "GMDN Term". If you still need opinion in this platform, you may limit to share the "Name" only and other members will understand it anyway.
Thanks @monoj mon for your response. Could you please share the contact details of GMDN agency like email or something?
Regards,
R

monoj mon

Trusted Information Resource
Thanks @monoj mon for your response. Could you please share the contact details of GMDN agency like email or something?
Regards,
R
Sorry for the late response Ramya. If you have an account with GMDN you can go to Home > Enquiry > New Enquiry to submit your question. There you can describe your device in details and also can provide your IFU/Brochure whichever would be helpful to describe your device to the agency. After that someone from GMDN will reply to you in your GMDN account.

Top Bottom