How long does it take to register a product with MHRA?

Sieun Baek

Registered
Hello :gossip:

Our company manufactures Class III HA fillers.

We have MDD CE certificate for our product (HA filler) and are planning to enter the UK market in January 2021.
I know that in order to enter the UK market, product registration for MHRA is required. (This is not mean UKCA marking)
How long does it take to register a product with MHRA?
Also, are there any additional process for sales after registration?
If there are additional process required, how long does it take?

We are expected to ship immediately in January 2021.
In order to sell a product, it is important to check how long it takes for product registration.

I need you guys help. If anyone who know it, please let me know.

Thank you

Philip B

Quite Involved in Discussions
The process was fairly quick for us. The registration site takes a bit of getting used to but is fine once you get the hang of it. I wrote a procedure to cover the steps as I figured this would be an infrequent process.

Nisha

Starting to get Involved
It is fairly a quick process once you appoint UKRP, I would think you can get the registration complete and accepted by MHRA in 7 days

cataltar

Registered
The process was fairly quick for us. The registration site takes a bit of getting used to but is fine once you get the hang of it. I wrote a procedure to cover the steps as I figured this would be an infrequent process.

We are in the process of having our products registered by our UK Responsible person. We have a product family of 380 models with the same indication, however, models in the family have to be assigned different GMDNs due to the presence of different accessories. We already have an EC certificate for a single family and on our DoC, our products are grouped based on their main accessory attached. Our UKRP told us that we must regroup our models based on GMDNs so they could be registered on the MHRA system. This does not seem right.

So, could you advise, is it required to register products based on their GMDN or not? Or is GMDN number provided only for general information and categorization purposes?

If it is required, we will end up registering 6 different product families for our single family. This doesn’t seem intuitive.

to give you an idea we use the following GMDNs for models in the same family and have exactly the same indication.
42743 - Negative-pressure intravenous line needleless valve-connector
42750 - Neutral-pressure intravenous line needleless valve-connector

Last edited:

Philip B

Quite Involved in Discussions
Sorry, I'm not in a position to comment on your specific situation. I suggest you ask the MHRA, they are normally helpful with queries such as these.

Nisha

Starting to get Involved
Hello,
The registration on MHRA portal would be based on your EC certificate and GMDN codes assigned as per the DoC.

It should not make a difference how many product families you would register under, unless there is a commercial implication from your UKRP.

Mikilk

Involved In Discussions
In the UK you should open a device per GMDN code (so it's not 100% in correlation with the CE certificate that can be according to families)
let me try and explain
the system requires to open a "Device" which is related to the GMDN code (we cannot just create a general family, it should be linked to a specific GMDN code) so if there are different GMDNs - we cannot combine them under one device registration or a family.
image.png

under the device that was created, we can create additional products (different products that have the same GMDN code and same Class) we cannot add 2 classes under the same device if a GMDN code somehow has 2 classes, we will need to create 2 separate devices.
image (1).png

even if we use the option of loading excel with bulk products - we will need to use a separate excel file template for each device (GMDN code)

Top Bottom