hi every body
my question is related to 8.4.2.5
how we can use risk analysis for supplier

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Welcome to the Cove!

In the case of suppliers, you are the interested party. The main question for suppliers is therefore how to meet your needs and wants?

Risk is that which might constrain the supplier from providing your needs and wants. What can go wrong? Again, it is based on your needs:

Processes are defined so people know what to do
Adequate and correct raw material
Control of processes
Inspection and test, including instruments
Suitable work environment to produce what you need, including cleanliness and sound infrastructure
Personnel readiness and training

I have clients who additionally consider business sustainability risks from environmental and/or safety concerns: specifically, in noting conditions that might result in crippling fines and/or shutdown by regulators.

Dos this help?

S

saied

Thanks for your reply ,
My question based of finding comes from risk how we can design the plan for supplier development

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Thanks for your reply ,
My question based of finding comes from risk how we can design the plan for supplier development
Start with their history:

What are the known problems? How could they impact your operations? How might you plan to address the supplier's known problems so they do not impact your operations?

Now, address what has not happened yet but might be a problem:

What are the potential problems with the supplier? How could they impact your operations? How might you plan to address the supplier's potential problems so they do not impact your operations?

This is risk based thinking with suppliers.

GStough

Leader
Super Moderator
Welcome to the Cove!

In the case of suppliers, you are the interested party. The main question for suppliers is therefore how to meet your needs and wants?

Risk is that which might constrain the supplier from providing your needs and wants. What can go wrong? Again, it is based on your needs:

Processes are defined so people know what to do
Adequate and correct raw material
Control of processes
Inspection and test, including instruments
Suitable work environment to produce what you need, including cleanliness and sound infrastructure
Personnel readiness and training

I have clients who additionally consider business sustainability risks from environmental and/or safety concerns: specifically, in noting conditions that might result in crippling fines and/or shutdown by regulators.
Dos this help?

In addition to Jennifer's comment above (my emphasis), you may also want to consider risks associated with disaster recovery - natural disasters, anything that could potentially interrupt your supply chain. :)

weakness

Starting to get Involved
Risk identification is our first job.
Impact your Quality Risks:Supplier's Chronic issue.Or potential issues
Your complaint issues which are impact your quality.You can monitor trends.Complaint trends,your scraps because of supplier's faulty.
You can group with your supplier.Kaizen or six panel or six sigma study.That is a development plan.

Top Bottom