I Attached My first Document Control Procedure for your Review

M

magedology

I Attached My first Document Control Procedure for your Review :)
Your corrections will help me alot :thanx:

Attachments

• Draft Document Control Procedure.docx
    26.7 KB · Views: 884

AndyN

Moved On
You state this:

"6.1. The requestor of Creation /Change of a Document fills a (creation, change, cancellation) request, Accompanied by a copy of the proposal and must be approved by the respective head of department..."

You list this: Document Issue Form 01-02 F1

Is it the same thing? You don't use consistent terminology. You should make a reference when you call out a form etc, instead of making a long list at the back, so the reader has to flip backwards and forwards when reading it - not helpful and shows why this format of document isn't useful.

You seem to have a bunch of lists. Why?

Q

qse1984

You've listed document distribution register twice in your references, also your naming system is inconsistent in your reference table. I'd shorten the footer to state - Once printed this document becomes uncontrolled.

I don't have much time at the moment to go through it regarding the procedure but I've attached a document control procedure I authored for my previous Employer. The site is closed down so they no longer exist but I was Document Controller for a few years. It's not perfect but it did the job for a large site. If you like you can browse as reference.

Kristina

Attachments

• Alcoa document control procedure.docx
    37.5 KB · Views: 797
M

magedology

You state this:

"6.1. The requestor of Creation /Change of a Document fills a (creation, change, cancellation) request, Accompanied by a copy of the proposal and must be approved by the respective head of department..."

You list this: Document Issue Form 01-02 F1

Is it the same thing? You don't use consistent terminology. You should make a reference when you call out a form etc, instead of making a long list at the back, so the reader has to flip backwards and forwards when reading it - not helpful and shows why this format of document isn't useful.

You seem to have a bunch of lists. Why?

Thanks AndyN I fix it :agree: you can see that in attached file

You've listed document distribution register twice in your references, also your naming system is inconsistent in your reference table. I'd shorten the footer to state - Once printed this document becomes uncontrolled.

I don't have much time at the moment to go through it regarding the procedure but I've attached a document control procedure I authored for my previous Employer. The site is closed down so they no longer exist but I was Document Controller for a few years. It's not perfect but it did the job for a large site. If you like you can browse as reference.

Kristina

Thanks qse1984 file you send was very helpful I make some changes according to it

Attachments

• Draft Document Control Procedure.docx
    28.4 KB · Views: 792
M

magedology

Why 3 registers? You didn't fix the footer spelling and I'm wondering why you aren't using a simpler format...

Did you think 3 registers is alot ??
I am new ,So what is your opinion ?
I want to make it simple as I can :rolleyes:
do you have a good sample to fellow ?
I fix footer to "Once printed this document becomes uncontrolled "

AndyN

Moved On

I do think it's a lot. Simple is one. If you look at the content of your 3, how much is similar? 80%? 90%? Or are they so different that you HAVE to use 3?

No samples. Just take yours and have a long, hard, critical look at the content and ask yourself "why?"

insect warfare

QA=Question Authority
Trusted Information Resource

Andy is right in that it is possible to simplify as one, if you do it "appropriately". I happen to use these same 3 registers, but they are each one tab on an Excel spreadsheet, and all 3 ultimately reside on one file. I also do not place a control number on this file, since I treat it as a "continuously updated record" - no different than my co-worker's hourly yield reports. To me, this is "appropriate" and it works for me. In examining your own process, you may find this approach to be totally appropriate too (or not) - in the end it's your call.

Just remember to use your common sense, and you will come out fine on the other side. Good luck....

Brian :rolleyes:

Top Bottom