I updated my information on Monster and got...

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
That may be true when they are truly "scalp hunting", but we "drones" are the ones that have to meet with them, answer their questions, and justify our answers.

Given the chance, production will do anything they can to get product out the door, good or bad. I've experienced it in every industry in which I've been involved (automotive, plumbing products, and pharmaceuticals.) QA is always left to clean up their mess, usually with a comment from upper management of "why didn't you catch that?"

Root cause: QC didn't catch it. :lmao:

BradM

Leader
Admin
Meanwhile.....

Back to the OP, I wonder if they even looked at your resume. I bet you were applying for a position you were reasonable qualified for, and that there were not 100,000 applications. You would think it would be at least in the potential stack. As you stated, you're employed and just wanted to feel the water. Imagine the unemployed Ford workers trying to get a job, provide for the family, etc. having to go through that.

Sometimes I question these systems and how effective they are.

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
Meanwhile.....

Back to the OP, I wonder if they even looked at your resume. I bet you were applying for a position you were reasonable qualified for, and that there were not 100,000 applications. You would think it would be at least in the potential stack. As you stated, you're employed and just wanted to feel the water. Imagine the unemployed Ford workers trying to get a job, provide for the family, etc. having to go through that.

Sometimes I question these systems and how effective they are.

I don't have to imagine. I've had my position eliminated in cutbacks two times in the last 4 years.

I think one of his staff people did a search on Monster for "project manager" and sent me the bait.

Scott Catron

True Artisan
Super Moderator
Q

qualitygal

A sure sign of being tired is the propensity to commit bad puns. So here is the ultimate sign of acknowledgement:
GROAN!

Really am. Trying to get my client certiifed. CA next week. :biglaugh:
Qualitygal

D

Dimitri

I signed up to Monster, I got this as the only job offer in a field completly unrelated to the one I was looking for:

Hello, my name is Robert watson,Im the regional manager for Combined, a subsidiary of Aon Corporation,the number one broker firm in the world in the world. I have been reviewing your resume and I feel you may have the qualities that we are looking for in the individual that we select to fill the position of manager trainee in Toront. We provide existing accounts, company training, a guaranteed income to start ,benefits, bonuses.Your qualifications would include, but not limited to ability to be bonded and access to your own transpotation, Please contact me asap as I'm scheduling interviews for this position over the next week, you can reach me at
cell:416-705-4430
office:905-332-1860
e-mail:[email protected]
I look forward to meeting with you to discuss your qualifications and our opportunityin more details.For more information you can visit us at www.aon.com or www.combined.ca
Best Regards
Rob

Robert Watson
Regional Manager
Combined Insurance Company

The red is the "errors" I found from the first time I read this. The Blue is the things that hit me the wrong way in his email. :)

Gave me the impression they wanted cheap door to door insurance sales men, so I never did respond to this "job offer". Imagine me a salesman! I can barely write a cover letter that is "proper" because its too "advertising-like" for me and I can't really adverstise myself nevermind "selling" (or is that actually conning) people out of money to buy insurance they don't need. :lmao:

Dimitri

Top Bottom