IATF 16949

Stephen M

Registered
Good morning,
I am the Quality Systems Coordinator for an extrusion site. We produce what would be considered a raw material that is sold to other manufacturing sites. These sites use this material for injection molding and producing automotive parts. We currently hold ISO 9001:2015. My location took over the sales and trading side from another location. We are now being asked to create documents for IATF 16949 for only 3 of our processes. Those are sales, warehouse, and outsourced warehouses (we have two warehouses that receive and ship material that is imported). I was asked to complete a PFMEA for Warehouse. In my understanding PFMEA's are used to highlight potential risk in a process that involves the production of a product and are then used to improve that process when a non-conformance occurs as it should be part of the corrective action process to review and update pfmea and control plans. I have never been asked to create a PFMEA for just warehouse processes. I have also never seen a standard only applied to certain processes. I was previously at a dual site that was ISO 9001 and ISO 13485. The whole site was treated as ISO 13485. If anyone has any knowledge of this I greatly appreciate it as I have 0 support in dealing with this.
Good afternoon. IATF 16949 registered firms must ensure that their non IATF registered suppliers ie ISO 9001 are compliant to the MAQMSR (Minimum Automotive Quality Management System Requirements) See IATF 16949 section 8.4.2.3 c Get a copy of MAQMSR and follow the requirements in order to supply to automotive parts manufacturers.

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
Good afternoon. IATF 16949 registered firms must ensure that their non IATF registered suppliers ie ISO 9001 are compliant to the MAQMSR (Minimum Automotive Quality Management System Requirements) See IATF 16949 section 8.4.2.3 c Get a copy of MAQMSR and follow the requirements in order to supply to automotive parts manufacturers.
That's not quite what it says. There is a bit of "flexibility" in 8.4.2.3 in driving the suppliers toward IATF 16949 certification. It also has a sanction interpretation indicating ISO 9001 certification is the min. standard. Section (c) would allow ISO 9001 certification with compliance to customer-defined requirements -- which here would seem to be PFMEA.

Top Bottom