IATF Rules 5 SI Aftermarket Parts

John C. Abnet

Teacher, sensei, kennari
Leader
Super Moderator
Did the IATF just add aftermarket parts to be eligible to be included in its certification if customers require it?
Rules 5 SI from Nov of 2023. See SI 7 and 21 in the link below.
This is a topic that could (will) have significant ramifications. Particularly as currently "written". Here is a post I made that describes just a few of the considerations that we will need to unpack....

I'd be very curious/pleased to hear from the Elmsar family in regard to any other thoughts/considerations this topic raises...

Be well.

Scanton

Quite Involved in Discussions
Well I think this tells you all you need to know.
The country with the most certifications is China which is also one of the only countries (if not the only country) where a government minister oversees and controls this and not the appointed national accreditation service like every other country (Please correct me if I am wrong).

IATF Certs.jpg

I have been reliably informed (by IAFT Auditors that have been there) that it is a requirement for manufacturing business to have an official plaque on their businesses residence, and auditors from outside of China a regularly met with a "Fred in a shed" standing at a singe manual lathe in his garage with a plaque on his garage wall, or just a plaque on a block of flats with no business in sight. Both of these have IATF certifications exactly the same as mine but without tracking and recording "premium Freight" or having their calibration traceable to national standards or showing how they are supporting their suppliers move towards IAFT.

Throw in the constant additions and rewriting of the sanctioned interpretations "SI's" and this standard have become farcical for anyone but Tier 1 suppliers. There are hardly any auditors, and the ones that are available are mostly lacking experience, perform very poor audits and charge astronomic and unreasonable fees.

Opening up this circus to the aftermarket is nothing more than a cash grab with no upside to honest suppliers that will actually try to comply with this ever changing and unreasonable standard.

Rant over, experts may now correct my errors and false statements :)

John C. Abnet

Teacher, sensei, kennari
Leader
Super Moderator
The country with the most certifications is China which is also one of the only countries (if not the only country) where a government minister oversees and controls this and not the appointed national accreditation service like every other country (Please correct me if I am wrong).

View attachment 29898

I have been reliably informed (by IAFT Auditors that have been there) that it is a requirement for manufacturing business to have an official plaque on their businesses residence, and auditors from outside of China a regularly met with a "Fred in a shed" standing at a singe manual lathe in his garage with a plaque on his garage wall, or just a plaque on a block of flats with no business in sight. Both of these have IATF certifications exactly the same as mine but without tracking and recording "premium Freight" or having their calibration traceable to national standards or showing how they are supporting their suppliers move towards IAFT.

Throw in the constant additions and rewriting of the sanctioned interpretations "SI's" and this standard have become farcical for anyone but Tier 1 suppliers. There are hardly any auditors, and the ones that are available are mostly lacking experience, perform very poor audits and charge astronomic and unreasonable fees.

Opening up this circus to the aftermarket is nothing more than a cash grab with no upside to honest suppliers that will actually try to comply with this ever changing and unreasonable standard.

Ha ;) ....I indeed have my own professional experience/opinion in regard to motive/impetus behind all of this @Scanton (and it is also less than noble).

We will continue to unpack this until if/when the proverbial '...hits the fan'.

Be well.

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource

View attachment 29898

Thus the reason we dumped IATF all together. Just not worth it.

Top Bottom