Implementing a Supplier Quality Portal

J

jodhus

I've been given the task of implementing a supplier quality portal.
We are a Tier-1 and Tier-2 automotive company.
We have 3 different locations within United States and an overseas location in France.

The portal will be used to "talk" to the suppliers. Following are some of the basics that I want this portal to do:

• PPAP submission and review
  • SCAR
  • ECR
  • Scorecard
  • Submit/Retain other documentation- Initial Review Sheet, Audit Reports, Visit Reports, etc...

The portal should be secured and web-based for the the suppliers to use.

If you guys have any recommendations please post or PM.

/edit Just in case that I haven't made myself clear. I am looking for a supplier vendor. Your recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks all

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JLang

Re: Supplier Portal

The main thing is to make it easy for your supplier's to use. I deal with multiple customers that have supplier portals, and not one of them makes my job any easier. Submitting a completed PPAP, which would normally take less than five minutes to do (email the pdf and ship samples) can take upwards of 20-45 minutes depending on the customer's portal set up.

My biggest pieces of advice would be to make sure that there is only one portal that all of your branches have access to, not a seperate portal for each branch. Way to many people have 3-4 portals for one company and it just makes things a mess.

Seccond, make the upload/review process simple. Make it so that you can upload the whole PPAP in one step (either as one file or multiple files), but do not make it so that your customer has to individually upload each section of the PPAP using a different page.

Those are the two biggest frustrations I run into while using supplier portals. Hope that was helpful and not just the rantings of a man who hates supplier portasl :).

J

jodhus

Re: Supplier Portal

Yup. That is my goal and intent. I am looking for supplier portal "vendors". Any recommendations?

Top Bottom