Incoming Testing for Non-Woven Materials used for Pharma Products and Cosmetics

T

tarzan0410

I'm trying to write a SOP for incoming testing for non-woven materials. The non-woven materials will be used for pharma products and cosmetics/skin care. Beside a visual inspection, what other type of inspections need to be performed? Thanks.

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
Re: Incoming testing for non-woven materials

What's the purpose of the nonwoven material? Without knowing how it's used, it would be impossible to say what should be checked. You need to determine what characteristics of the product are needed to ensure safety, performance, form, fit, and function of the product in its intended application. Those characteristics would be the ones you should consider for verification, based on risk.

D

Duke Okes

Re: Incoming testing for non-woven materials

I'm trying to write a SOP for incoming testing for non-woven materials. The non-woven materials will be used for pharma products and cosmetics/skin care. Beside a visual inspection, what other type of inspections need to be performed? Thanks.

What are the specifications which the material suppliers are supposed to meet and which of those might you want to confirm upon receiving the product?

T

tarzan0410

Thanks for the responses. The non-woven material is being used as a packaging container for pharmaceutical or skin care products. The non-wovens come in direct contact with the product and with the consumer. I guess after reading ur responses I think what I need to test is the weight and thickness since that will affect the performance of the materials.

D

Duke Okes

Based on some recent examples in the OTC drug industry I might also consider something along the lines of color, odor, and other evaluations which might indicate some sort of contamination or variation which might cause users to be concerned or impacted.

Top Bottom