Integrating EN ISO 9001 with JAA Regulations, QS, CAMO & MRO (Aviation Regulations).

ivanels

Registered
Re: As9110

I recieve the message ,that in the Forum has been created new Thread"Integrating EN ISO 9001 with JAA Regulations, QS, CAMO & MRO ".I 'll send my previous message in this new Thread and continue to disscus the issue.I think ,that Angelika is quite right .May be Part 1 should be meet the requirements of the ISO 9100 QM and will be in the purpose to be use from the clients,subcontractors,suppliers(second party audits),surveys of the QS and will includes all of the processes,interconnections and ...Part 2 ,which is the subject of approval from the Authority should cover all of the aspects prescribed in JAA and EC Regulations,and shall content only links to the procedures or have already subscribed clauses in the Part 1.Because some issues like Management commitment,policy,internal audit,Auditors - requirements for qualification,are general issuesfor the both Parts.An Appendix with the mandatory procedures as it prescribed in ISO 9001,and In the Part 2 should be mark references to these procedure ,because "Document Management"."Management of the Records " and "Internal Audit" have to serve two Parts.What will be the result?:confused:Will see.:(
http://elsmar.com/Forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8269&d=1203881261

Last edited:

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Re: Integrating EN ISO 9001 with JAA Regulations, QS, CAMO & MRO (Aviation Regulation

For what it's worth:
It's been my experience that many of the Standards which an organization may choose to adopt for their operations have a lot of common elements (record-keeping for one example.)

The question facing organizations which choose to adopt several different Standards is whether to create a different "manual" for each Standard or try to integrate the various requirements into ONE manual.

The primary worry with the multiple manual solution (usually undertaken with a nod toward making auditing of a single Standard easier) is that it is cumbersome and inefficient for the employees of the organization.

One solution I have found (BEFORE AS9100) to combine both ISO 9001 and FAA requirements into one manual was to create a matrix of the two Standards showing where each element of each Standard could be found in the one Quality Manual appended as an exhibit in the back of the manual. FAA, in particular, had inspector/auditors who were adamant that the EXACT WORDING of some parts of the FAA regulations had to be included in the manual. With that in mind, I included sections which contained that boilerplate.

Over the years, my personal observation was that outside auditors for customers and ISO Standards were MUCH more flexible in looking at and interpreting a manual to meet their requirements than the inspector/auditors from FAA.

:topic:Most of the Standards and Regulations are compatible with each other, but I have found one instance where one Standard differed materially from the Standard upon which it was based. ISO 13485 (medical devices) specifically omits "continual improvement" even though it is based on !SO 9001. Some organizations combining both Standards (especially where medical devices are only a portion of the business of the organization) get around that by considering "continual improvement" as a "research and development" activity.

K

kiwisfly

Re: Integrating EN ISO 9001 with JAA Regulations, QS, CAMO & MRO (Aviation Regulation

Hello Ivan
In my opinion, you should not be attempting to seek AS9100 approval for an operations and maintenance organisation. AS9100 is for the manufacture of aerospace components and if you do not do this then the standard is not applicable.

If you wish to have an external certification, you could consider a number of other operational / maintenance audits such as LOSA or something similar.

Top Bottom