Interesting Discussion Interesting article form the UNIDO Magazine - CSR: a wolf in sheep’s clothing?

Ronen E

Problem Solver
can we not look to the science of natural selection, Darwin and all that and accept that not all are strong enough, capable enough, or even just plain deserve to survive? Could it just be "Natures" way of cleaning house?
Today it's them, tomorrow it's you.

Why should "developed countries" strive, and work, and create and then give it away to those that choose not to?
Please show me one "developed country" that hadn't gotten to where it's at through methodical exploitation of weaker others, at some stage of its "development".

mattador78

Quite Involved in Discussions
Today it's them, tomorrow it's you.

Please show me one "developed country" that hadn't gotten to where it's at through methodical exploitation of weaker others, at some stage of its "development".
You could even rephrase that to show me one developing country that isn't methodically exploiting somebody at some stage in its development. Its an evolution thing, the strong will prey on the weak and if they lose their food source from one place they will move on to another then if they have to overthrow anyone in control there they will.

Ronen E

Problem Solver
You could even rephrase that to show me one developing country that isn't methodically exploiting somebody at some stage in its development. Its an evolution thing, the strong will prey on the weak and if they lose their food source from one place they will move on to another then if they have to overthrow anyone in control there they will.
Evolution seems to be a popular term. But evolution is not a conscious process. It's just something that exists (well, unless you're a denialist). If something isn't the fittest, it will make room for something that is fitter and won't be around any more. It just will.

The question is, do we want to live unconscious? Do we want things to just happen, "because they do"?

Ronen E

Problem Solver
WRT How Man Destroy Our World -

Does Steve Cutts live his daily life differently, in view of all of that?... Do you?...

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted Information Resource
Just for kicks...let's throw slavery into the mix...just to balance the hunger topic. Reference.
Just to push on the limits of "civilized" and all...

Man is good at destroying the world, and himself, and others.

mattador78

Quite Involved in Discussions
Evolution seems to be a popular term. But evolution is not a conscious process. It's just something that exists (well, unless you're a denialist). If something isn't the fittest, it will make room for something that is fitter and won't be around any more. It just will.

The question is, do we want to live unconscious? Do we want things to just happen, "because they do"?
I agree perhaps the human terminology is expansion not evolution

fabiogms

Registered
CSR/SD is only applicable for those companies who is build for last. If a SME just run for 1 or 20 years, as soon the company is closed and the boss have earned enough money, the boss can forget anything. They don't need pay for the potential and invisible cost caused during their economic activities before the company/factory is closed. That is it. CSR is tricky like this wolf in the shape of a sheep.

John Broomfield

Leader
Super Moderator
Our social responsibility standards should also provide for succession and other measures so responsible organizations continue to displace the irresponsible.

Our services to help customers to share, prolong, repair, reuse and repurpose our products may help more of us to act responsibly too; while reducing their costs of ownership.

Top Bottom