Internal Audit on Third-Party Logistics (3PL) Warehouse

hiranibio

Registered
Hi, I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I am looking for some advise on conducting an internal audit on a 3PL warehouse. The 3PL is used for storage, despatch and reboxing of the product.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Hi, I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I am looking for some advise on conducting an internal audit on a 3PL warehouse. The 3PL is used for storage, despatch and reboxing of the product.
Welcome to The Cove!

Please forgive me, but I am not certain about the acronym 3PL. Do you mean Third-Party Logistics?

You did say the service provider is responsible for storage, despatch and reboxing of the product. Considering the ISO 13485:2016 requirements for adherence to customer requirements, cleanliness, traceability etc., what is left that you are wondering about when auditing?

hiranibio

Registered
Welcome to The Cove!

Please forgive me, but I am not certain about the acronym 3PL. Do you mean Third-Party Logistics?

You did say the service provider is responsible for storage, despatch and reboxing of the product. Considering the ISO 13485:2016 requirements for adherence to customer requirements, cleanliness, traceability etc., what is left that you are wondering about when auditing?
Hi Jen, thank you. Apologies, I wasn't clear with my question. Is it ok to conduct internal audit on 3PL (Third Party Logistics) or should an audit be carried out by Supplier Quality as part of Vendor Mgmt? Thanks

LUFAN

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi Jen, thank you. Apologies, I wasn't clear with my question. Is it ok to conduct internal audit on 3PL (Third Party Logistics) or should an audit be carried out by Supplier Quality as part of Vendor Mgmt? Thanks
Internal audits cover your internal processes. By the nature of the 3 in 3PL meaning third party, that should be covered in accordance with your supplier qualification process.

Top Bottom