Introduction of ISO/IEC17024:2003 in Australia

G

Greg B

Hi All,

Just received this from QSA (Australia). It is the lead in for the new certification of ALL auditors and eventually Consultants etc. What do you think? Personally, I think it is about time but I baulk at the cost of $500 for testing.

Attachments

• 17024 press release 4.doc
    47.5 KB · Views: 385

Govind

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
Very interesting Greg.

We did discuss briefly about this standard in the thread:
https://elsmar.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=8568
in postings: 2,4,5,6 & 7.

However, the information on QSA-RAB registration considering the transition to ISO/IEC 17024 is news to me. I guess the Auditor/Lead Auditor registration "bar" is raised !

Some day in the near future, RAB and IRCA may eventually follow QSA’s lead.
I think it is a good idea to maintain competency level of Auditors and Training organizations so that Client organizations do not suffer hiring incompetent auditors.

On down side, if multiple criteria need to be satisfied, Cost of transition is increased, only Consultants and auditors from Registration body will go for these. Rest of the auditors working for organization may gradually drop their current registration.

Regards,
Govind.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
TS 16949 is already like this. AS9100 is the same.

You only get 'in' as an auditor if a registrar 'recomends' you for the training. So - It's not even an experience / education aspect. It's a registrar 'comp'.

G

Greg B

Govind said:
Very interesting Greg.

We did discuss briefly about this standard in the thread:
https://elsmar.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=8568
in postings: 2,4,5,6 & 7.

However, the information on QSA-RAB registration considering the transition to ISO/IEC 17024 is news to me. I guess the Auditor/Lead Auditor registration "bar" is raised !

Some day in the near future, RAB and IRCA may eventually follow QSA’s lead.
I think it is a good idea to maintain competency level of Auditors and Training organizations so that Client organizations do not suffer hiring incompetent auditors.

On down side, if multiple criteria need to be satisfied, Cost of transition is increased, only Consultants and auditors from Registration body will go for these. Rest of the auditors working for organization may gradually drop their current registration.

Regards,
Govind.

At the moment, if you want to join QSA (auditor, lead Auditor, fellow etc) you have to prove audit ability through referess, time in profession, completed audits, training etc etc. I think this new criteria will be added to the usual hoop-lah and be an added cost. Many auditors are accredited via a 'Statement of Attainment' only and it proves that they have attended a class on auditing and passed a small exam (very simple) but no practical involved. Unless you want to be a consultant or a registrar mnay people do not bother with the added hassle and cost of registering as an auditor...but this may now be forced on us.

Greg B

Top Bottom