Involvement of Management representative (ISO 3834) in Quality Department

Z

zkrasztina

Hello,
We are running ISO9001 system currently. Myself is the QM. Now we plan to introduce a welding quality system acc. to the std. ISO 3834. The welding engineer will be responsible for this activity.
According to the ISO ISO3834 the "welding engineer" is the management representative regarding welding quality issues. But actually all complaints and customer issues are generally handled by my quality dept - as ISO9001.
My question: how to avoid this conflict and how to organize this responibilites within the organization??
Thanks in advance.
Zoltán

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

harry

Trusted Information Resource
Re: Management representative

But actually all complaints and customer issues are generally handled by my quality dept
Welcome to the Cove.

Customer issues and complaints can be handled by a committee instead - especially where specialization like welding is involved. Co-opt the welding engineer into the committee (especially when welding issues are involved).

On the other hand, the welding engineer may not need to get involved if you had some one who is competent in the quality department to decide on welding issues. To me, the MR's duty is to oversee and manage the system - having the necessary responsibility & authority to do it is more important. Unless there are special requirements in ISO 3834.

Added in edit: When you refer to the 'management representative', do you mean the welding coordinator?

Last edited:
Hello,
We are running ISO9001 system currently. Myself is the QM. Now we plan to introduce a welding quality system acc. to the std. ISO 3834. The welding engineer will be responsible for this activity.
According to the ISO ISO3834 the "welding engineer" is the management representative regarding welding quality issues. But actually all complaints and customer issues are generally handled by my quality dept - as ISO9001.
My question: how to avoid this conflict and how to organize this responibilites within the organization??
Thanks in advance.
Zoltán
If anything, the welding quality system ISO 3834 will be a subset in the ISO 9001 quality management system for which you are the QM. The welding engineer can be the authority on all the welding and its associated aspects including customer complaints. I am sure you manage several processes within the organization, including welding, which is a very critical process and is controlled per the ISO 3834 (as I understand). Clarity in the role, authority and responsibility about this can be made in your ISO 9001 clause 6.
As I find in the ISO 3834-1 during a quick reading, there is nothing specific which says that the welding engineer is the management representative ... ? Can you clarify what you mean in your post ....

Last edited:
Z

zkrasztina

Re: Management representative

Thanks.
For your question: yes I ment the "Welding Engineer" would be the MR regarding welding issues ? Actually we prepare the modification of the Company Job Description document and we had discussion what kind of authority responsibility we shoud define.
But now having some advice from you I can give some proposals for my Directorn and HR colleauge.
Thanks indeed.

Z

zkrasztina

Hi Somashekar,
As we preparing the modification general company job description document we should define the authority and responsibility of the welding expert. Now I am getting closer to the solution - as you have mentioned the welding standard. Thank you. I prepared my proposal to may Director and HR manager.
Thank you again: Zoltán

K

keeler

Hello all

Ive just found this forum and hope somebody may be able to help me. I'm a welding inspector who has been given the job of creating a quality plan/quality manual to ISO 9001 and ISO 3834. I've never seen a quality plan before.

Does anybody have a template or give me guidance? I've got the 2 standards in front of me but but don't know where to start.

Thankyou in advance for any assistance.

Keeler

C

claire_deen

Can anyone help? I have a manual which meets the requirements of ISO 9001. I am updating it to meet the requirements of ISO 3834-2 and have no idea where to start! Does anyone have a manual for reference or any info at all. I'm doing my project and I am very new to all this so i appreciate any help.

Claire :confused:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Leadership non-conformity, Top Management's involvement in Problem Solving IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
S Quality Assurance Manager involvement in Management Review AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 11
F Management Involvement / Commitment - CEO involvement in the certification process ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 36
Paul Simpson ISO 10018:2012 - Quality management - Guidelines on people involvement and competence Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 32
S Ethics committee Involvement necessary? EU Medical Device Regulations 3
M Informational MDCG 2019-3 Interpretation of Article 54(2)b – Pre- market clinical evaluation consultation procedure with the involvement of expert panels Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Notified Body Involvement with Self Declared Products EU Medical Device Regulations 7
GoSpeedRacer How to handle operator involvement in the non conformance ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
E Marketing and Sales involvement in 8.2.1 Customer Satisfaction ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
M Improving Employee Involvement in Company Sustainability Sustainability, Green Initiatives and Ecology 14
R Involvement of several Departments in Contract Review Process Contract Review Process 12
A Marketing Materials - QA Involvement in Review of Marketing Materials ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
michellemmm Looking for SOI #2 Checklist and Guidance on FAA Level of Involvement Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 1
J Class I Medical Device with measuring function: Involvement of NB etc ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
Q Employee Involvement / Prediction Markets Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 1
D Lean Accounting - Operations Involvement? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 5
N Corrective Action - Increased Manufacturing Involvement - Injection moulding company Nonconformance and Corrective Action 8
Hershal A2LA has completely terminated involvement in NACLA General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
T Warehouse Fire: QMS Involvement? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 25
D Auditor Involvement in CA General Auditing Discussions 11
E CEO Involvement - How far do I go with insisting that they attend meetings, etc? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 22
A Employee Involvement - Employees shall have the authority to raise nonconformances ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
T TipQA Document Management AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
thisby_ Installation Related Issues and Risk Management ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 5
Doninina Risk management file according MDR or ISO 14971:P2019 ? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
M On-demand EU MDR Compliance toolkit with online training courses, templates & document management system Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 0
S ISO 9001 Quality Management System and its processes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16
P Learning Management System (LMS) recommendations? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
M Need to set up a "crisis management and business continuity plan" AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
Sidney Vianna Informational ISO/TS 10020:2022 Quality management systems — Organizational change management — Processes Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 0
P ISO 9001: Quality Management as a process ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
E Electronic Data Management ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
G Help:Risk Management - Accessories US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
N Writing Risk Management procedure for small manufacturing and we don't know where to start. Manufacturing and Related Processes 9
J Periodic review of Documents during management review Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 26
J Document Control of Online Management Software ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
A Can a CEO be the management representative AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
M Clinical evaluation interface with the risk management process EU Medical Device Regulations 9
D Integrated Management System (IMS) - Process Vs Clause Based Audits ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 19
S Critical spare management guideline IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
Q The Management system is too much ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
J ISO 10993-1:2018 Format to Perform Risk Management Process US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
E Visual Management Boards & QMS ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
S Scope of management review ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
B Risk Management Procedure updates needed for 14971:2019 ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 11
D Electronic Document Management System ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 16
Sidney Vianna ISO 37301 - Compliance management systems – Requirements with guidance for use Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
G Auditing Top management: 6.3 ISO 9001 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
qualprod Minimize tomention other positions to ease the QMS management ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
H Management review IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9