ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor Course? (who to take with)

GreatNate

Bareback Jack
Any recommendations on who to take the ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor Course with? DERKA,BSI? etc.... any insight is appreciated..

Randy

Super Moderator
1st, why are you taking it to begin with?

2nd, they all have the same accreditation requirements (if they're Exemplar Global), so more often than not the differences are not that big.

Last edited:

John Broomfield

Leader
Super Moderator
Nate,

You may be taking the course to learn how to:

1. Interpret the requirements of ISO 9001
2. Conduct system and process audits for effectiveness
3. Use your auditing skills to develop process-based management systems

Most do 1 and 2 as Randy says but you may also find a certified provider teaching 3.

So, first determine your learning objectives and then establish your selection criteria.

Enjoy your learning.

John

A

askforjim

Any recommendations on who to take the ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor Course with? DERKA,BSI? etc.... any insight is appreciated..
The quality of the course is directly related to the experience of the auditor presenting the course, his/her ability to draw on experiences and being able to communicate effectively without talking over people's heads. Ask for resumes or bios of the presenter. I can be a crap shoot.

Randy

Super Moderator
The quality of the course is directly related to the experience of the auditor presenting the course, his/her ability to draw on experiences and being able to communicate effectively without talking over people's heads. Ask for resumes or bios of the presenter. I can be a crap shoot.
Auditors many times don't present courses and there's no requirement the instructor be an auditor (Exemplar Global), IRCA may be different.

Big Jim

Admin
I would like to stress that know the reason may help determine where to take the class. If you intend to become a certification body auditor, start by asking the certification body you are most likely to be working with.

Randy

Super Moderator
I would like to stress that know the reason may help determine where to take the class. If you intend to become a certification body auditor, start by asking the certification body you are most likely to be working with.
Asking them what?

Randy

Super Moderator
Could be fruit of the poisonous tree....As a 3rd party person and nothing but a 3rd party person here's who I'd suggest....Nobody offhand. Each provider will be equally good, equally not so good, deliver their own version of vanilla ice cream, and try to sell more of their product.

After delivering more than 200 accredited (RAB, RABQSA, Exemplar Global & IRCA) Lead Auditor courses in multiple disciples, I realized the vast majority of people taking them were wasting their money and time, the Lead course was not relevant to what they were going to do.

But hey, that's just me.

Big Jim

Admin
There is a lot of trashy programs out there. The likelyhood of falling into one of those from random selection is much higher than asking those that are deeply involved.

Top Bottom