ISO 9001 - 7.5.4 Customer Property - Services (e.g.: Training) on Rental Property

E

Evelyn B

We deliver services (for example, training) from premises that we rent. Do these premises constitute customer property? We have rental agreements in place and rent them unfurnished.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: 7.5.4 Customer property

Welcome to The Cove Forums!! :bigwave: :bigwave:

No. The premises you rent are provided by a supplier.

E

Evelyn B

Thank you. I thought we would be excluded from most of Clause 7 but our auditor disagrees and I think I had got in a muddle with this one.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

The service you provide is "product" in ISO lingo. So, many of the section 7 requirements DO apply.

harry

Trusted Information Resource
We deliver services (for example, training) from premises that we rent. ...............

Welcome to the Cove.

If you provide training, your customers are the people who enrolled in your training courses and if they are sponsored by their company, then the company is also a customer cum stakeholder.

Customer property in this case would be private information and details of each of them and/or their sponsors.

Check the education and IWA 2 related threads for a better understanding of how ISO 9001 is applied in that field.

E

Evelyn B

Thanks. I am gradually working through Clause 7 and I thought that personal learner information would need to be included under this subclause but I wasn't sure. Your response is most helpful, thank you!

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Thanks. I am gradually working through Clause 7 and I thought that personal learner information would need to be included under this subclause but I wasn't sure. Your response is most helpful, thank you!

Do you mean the (personal) information you receive from participants in the training?

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Yes, such as their address, date of birth etc. Am I right?

Yes, this information can be considered "Customer Property."

I am sure that there are legal (regulatory and statutory) requirements associated with such personal information.
And that has to be considered as well.

Top Bottom