ISO 9001 applied within PRINCE2 Project Management Methodology

S

sly_ncl

hi all....

i'm doing a research on how ISO 9001 can be applied within PRINCE2 project management methodology.I ve collected some information but unfortunatelly i cant find anything on how these two can be combined together.i'm looking to find real life examples but although i have searched everywhere in the internet there is not such information available.i would be very grateful if someone could help me

thank you:thanx:

billl

CarolX

Trusted Information Resource
Re: ISO 9001 applied wihin PRINCE2 Project Management Methodology

Projects in Controlled Environments (PRINCE) is a project management methodology. It covers the management, control and organisation of a project. “PRINCE2” is a registered trademark of the U.K.'s Office of Government Commerce (OGC).

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

hi all....

i'm doing a research on how ISO 9001 can be applied within PRINCE2 project management methodology.I ve collected some information but unfortunatelly i cant find anything on how these two can be combined together.i'm looking to find real life examples but although i have searched everywhere in the internet there is not such information available.i would be very grateful if someone could help me

thank you:thanx:

billl

Hello Bill,

Welcome to The Cove Forums! :bigwave: :bigwave:

PRINCE2 is a method that would certainly meet the intent of ISO 9001:2000, Clause 7.1: "Planning of Product Realization." PRINCE2 methods can be utilized to manage the process from initial customer contact all the way to delivery, invoicing and obtaining customer feedback.

Keep in mind that ISO 9001:2000 does not prescribe/require a certain methodology to fulfill the requirements. Each organization has to select and implement the tools that would work best for them.

Hope this helps.

Stijloor.

S

sly_ncl

Hello Bill,

Welcome to The Cove Forums! :bigwave: :bigwave:
is a method that would certainly meet the intent of ISO 9001:2000, Clause 7.1: "Planning of Product Realization." PRINCE2 methods can be utilized to manage the process from initial customer contact all the way to delivery, invoicing and obtaining customer feedback.

Keep in mind that ISO 9001:2000 does not prescribe/require a certain methodology to fulfill the requirements. Each organization has to select and implement the tools that would work best for them.

Hope this helps.

Stijloor.

thank you for your reply,the thing is that i know all the basics about iso and prince2 and i know that prince2 has been designed to comply with the ISO9000 but i'm trying to find more information about the possible benefits limitations that might be emerged using both iso 9001 and prince2.:confused::confused::confused:

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

thank you for your reply,the thing is that i know all the basics about iso and prince2 and i know that prince2 has been designed to comply with the ISO9000 but i'm trying to find more information about the possible benefits limitations that might be emerged using both iso 9001 and prince2.:confused::confused::confused:

I may be way off base here, but is there a possible PRINCE2 users group in the UK? There must be some information available and published about the pros and cons of PRINCE2/ISO 9001 integration. It's Friday, people want to go home, so maybe next week, you may get some more responses from others.

Stijloor.

Top Bottom